How much WATER do you drink and what color is your URINE?

Options

Replies

• rjpittner
    rjpittner Posts: 70 Member
    Options

You would have to drink gallons upon gallons in a short amount of time while eating virtually nothing in order to become hyponatremic due to water intoxication. It doesn't so much have to do with the quantity but with the rate at which you consume. Water intoxication is very, very rare and typically only occurs in cases where an illicit substance is involved or there was an underlying premorbid condition.

http://www.healthline.com/galecontent/overhydration
    http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/features/wonders-of-water?page=2
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    10 cups a day and it's a fragrant light lemon chiffon colour

Love the mental imagery with this... I think? Lol
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    What address shall I send my sample to?
  • skysmom26
    skysmom26 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I always drink atleast 80oz plus coffee and the occasional sprite zero... I used to do 128oz-140oz and im working to get back there but with winter its just not happening right now... I have a weak bladder since my csection 7 years ago and i urinate atleast every 20min... sometimes more often :P
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I'm 204, drink 4-6 glasses (sometimes more) per day, and my urine is barely yellow, sometimes clear.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I would like to thank everyone who took the time and posted their weight, water intake and urine results. From the information I gathered, the range varies from 0-2 gallons of water per day, not counting other drinks or foods.

With that being said, I think I'm smack dab in the middle at 1 gallon per day, or average. My urine hardly ever changes color anymore, even when i go first thing in the morning.

I think it's safe to say, I am hydrated. :)
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i pee every half an hour
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm 130 lbs and drink a gallon or more per day. I've noticed that it does wonders in decreasing muscle soreness. It also does make me feel so much more energized versus when I don't get my gallon in, although I will admit that I hate having to go to the bathroom all of the time. My urine is typically almost completely clear.

I can agree with rjpittner as I have experienced the same exact things.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    it depends on the day sometimes 1-2 cups of coffee or some type of juice but all together I try my best to get 8-10 a day. I notice when I dont. I dont lose as much....Usually a pale yellow
  • schatz4
    Options
    I just started my life change Monday and I drink 90-100oz and urine has been clear ever since. Going to pee every hr is irritating but worth it. I feel a 100x better being hydrated, I didnt realize how slugish I felt until now.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    What address shall I send my sample to?

If it's clean, send it my way. I'll send a cheque.
  • marye2021
    marye2021 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My average consumption of water is between 75 and 115 ounces of water. I have a liter bottle and I just make sure I am filling that up at least 3 times a day. Pee is almost always clear or very pale yellow, sometimes darker depending on veggies eaten/vitamins taken.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'm about 2 litres a day, wee is usually clear once my multivitamin works it way out :)
  • idundidit
    Options
    A bit over a gallon per day. Looks like straight highlighter fluid until about 1PM. Vitamin B12... ch'yeaaaaaaaaah!
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Around 188 lbs and I drink around 8-10 cups a day of water. It's still fairly yellowish. I think it's because I just started eating and drinking healthy again.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    182 pounds. 8-32 oz/day based on thirst. Clear to light yellow.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I use water to make the espresso for my lattes....probably a few cups a day. The rest of my fluids is from the milk in my lattes and foods.

My pee is pee colored. Darker when I wake up and lightens up throughout the day until its just about clear.
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I drink about 14 glasses of water in my travel cup everyday. . . I take it everywhere! Instead of craving soda, have water. . . clear of course ..lol
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I just drink when I'm thirsty. I have water, black coffee (ex-Tim Horton's Triple Triple junkie here), sometimes a diet pop, and lately, a candy cane hot chocolate if I can fit it into my daily calories, so 8 cups-ish? My urine is pale yellow to clear.
  • briansyuki
    briansyuki Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    About 2 liters a day. My urine is clear