I'd love a fitness buddy!<3

Options
Hello. I'm probably the worst person when it comes to trying to get fit. I have a tendency to binge eat and am guilty of diet jumping the last couple years of my life. I've had a hard time recently and I am ready to pick myself up again. I wanna take care of myself. I want to be able to climb mountains and run marathons!<3 and a nice tummy would be awful pleasant too.(; I want to feel beautiful, I want to look in the mirror and feel proud of myself. I feel like using the forums here as a tool, I would really appreciate a support system (majority of my friends and family don't have a problem with weight, and the ones who do aren't interested in working out...) so if your like me and you could use a little support, I'd love to hear from you! I am going to start Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and I want to start running a mile and attempt to increase my speed (it takes me 15 minutes to run one mile:/) but got to start somewhere! I also want to work on eating more regularly and having more wholesome food! Thanks so much!

Replies

• henllan
    henllan Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi, I am getting back to fitness and healthy lifestyle too and would love to buddy up to motivate and be motivated! I have trouble with binging and have fallen off the fitness track a lot. I really want to make it work this time!:happy:
  • e_elizb
    e_elizb Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be one of your fitness buddies! I love JM and the crazy way she makes you get in shape. I'm currently rotating between JM Kickboxing Fast Fix, Blogilates (something I definitely recommend it can be found on youtube!) and tomorrow I intend to start running again!
  • delaney056
    Options
    I actually started 30DS today :) Feel free to add me!
  • Gigigirls
    Gigigirls Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for a fitness buddy too! And like you, one of my fitness activities is Jillian Michaels' "30 Day Shred." I started only a few months ago (i.e., in October) and am taking it SUPER slowly but would love to a fitness partner--for support and check-ins and the like.
  • Darryl4126
    Darryl4126 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want.. i have been working out for 20 years ! That means I am old !! LOL ! I have tried all the fad diets and know what will work!
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm here everyday and need all the support I can get. Oh and I like to help support others too!! :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome Welcome!!!

We're here to help!
    I never stuck it out with Jillian, I don't know why, but I finally found things that I did stick too. Hope Jillian kicks your booty!!! :)
  • bamf82
    bamf82 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm looking for a fitness pal :wink: I'll add you! And if anybody want's to add me, the more the merrier!
  • Lkj_ba
    Lkj_ba Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started it today as well. I have a 3 month old baby and my goal is to lose about 15 pounds.:happy:
  • bradleesmommy
    Options
    Y'all can add me too. I have chronic pain/fibromyalgia so I am starting slow, but steady. I have also joined two challenges on FB which I plan on sticking too - not as a new year resolution, but as a necessary lifestyle change. My doctor wants me to lose at least 40 pounds, I want to love 55-60 pounds. The meds I am on don't help with my weight, but I am determined to overcome! Best of luck to all of us!
  • FriesAreTheEnemy
    FriesAreTheEnemy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Y'all can add me too =)
    I started 30 day shred yesterday and my whole body is sore, but I love the feeling.
    Me and my hubby have a goal to see who can have the better body by April, so I have to show him up =)
    I'm almost 27 and have two kids and a nice so nice bod and I want to be able to go to the beach and the river this summer and not be so self concious about myself and be able to have fun with my family.
    So time to stop pigging out now that the holidays are over and become a better, lighter me. Good luck!
  • mamabee103
    mamabee103 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I too would love to have a fitness buddy. I've always been a big girl, but in 2010 I had an emergency hysterectomy that left me with severe fibromyalgia. Every day is a day to overcome. I've gained 50 lbs since Dec of 2010. Exercise is so vital to weight loss, but some days I can barely move. My metabolism is horrible. Last summer, I was able to get on thyroid meds and bio identical hormone therapy. I was able to go back to work. Unfortunately, I sit at a desk all day. My husband is a retired fire captain with a six pack and not an ounce of fat. He is very good to me, but I feel like I am gross this way. I want to overcome this pain, and change my life. Eat to live, not live to eat. I'm a great cook, but Italian, and learning that my recipes were all too unhealthy lol. Ciao everyone
  • keepyerem
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me! Im back on this after doing it a few years again getting great results then getting complacent!
  • DaveScadlock
    DaveScadlock Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. Deciding to start this venture is the first step. With each step you take, results will happen. I too have come to where I just want to stop. Then I read posts like yours and makes me keep going. Feel free to add me as well. Matter of fact, anyone that wants to do the buddy system and help motivate each other, feel free to add me.

Dave
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Anybody feel free to add me :)
  • SteelerPaz
    SteelerPaz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    This past holiday season, my family got me a new Fitbit Flex and a treadmill to help me continue my rehab of a knee replacement last Feb. It is way too cold and icy to walk outside here in WI.

Here is to an active 2014 for everyone.

Feel free to add me. Friends are great motivators!

Take care!
  • Blue10845
    Blue10845 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If I must say, you all give me hope, I know we deserve to be happy and healthy. No more "Ill do it tomorrow". Im going to lose this weight. Who's with me?
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    You can do it.
    Just remember to persevere and be head strong through the tough times.
  • fitnesslover1123
    Options
    are you still looking for a fitness buddy?! I'm looking for one to! Someone to keep me motivated through the tough times. Its hard losing weight by yourself :(
  • Bells5001
    Bells5001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I too am back …I had lost 30 lb and was feeling great! I let stress get the best of me and have been eating all the wrong foods and have not been able to work out at the gym as often because of my job. I kick box and enjoy yoga…I guess I like the yin and yang….I'd love to offer you some encouragement. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I need a fresh start and some new friends :smile:
    Michelle