When was your last straw that made you want to change?

Options

Replies

• insanely_amy
    insanely_amy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @ lynneta71: WOW!! Congratulations! You've come a long way! Awesome to see that. :)
  • insanely_amy
    insanely_amy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @DianneBlue: Oh, do I ever hear ya! Me too.
  • ibsunshine
    ibsunshine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mine was like most clothes not fitting and refusing to go up another size, people say "your not big" but when I look in the mirror and see my stomach and butt, they must be trying to be nice, so I turned 50 last year and decided, I have got to get this weight off, my dad became diabetic about 10 yrs ago, he is no longer diabetic lost 30 lbs and controls it with what he eats, he is no longer considered to be diabetic, so as I have gotten older, it scares me, so I really need to maintain a healthy weight and life style. Jeans are the worst, I hate them being so tight I feel like the circulation is being cut off in my wait if I have to sit for very long, and the fact that my shirts ride up because of too much butt is really irritating. So I stumbled upon this site thru facebook and decided to give it a try..
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    thanks ames. its not always been easy, but its worth it!

guys i started a group if anyone wants to join also feel free to add me.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18785-motivation-support-and-accountability
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I just wasn't happy and I hated my body. So I decided to do something about it.

^^ this
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    When I ..

1) Couldn't stop sweating
    2) Tieing my shoes was a hassle
    3) Couldn't be a great father & I Couldn't keep up to my kids because I was ALWAYS TIRED!
    4) Playing guitar was exhausting
    5) MAN BOOBS! Okay, I said it! So what? It was VERY embarrassing! I worked my butt off to loose those...haha....
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I had an abusive job which made me have disordered eating habits and gain 40 lbs.
    A few months before I was laid off from this job, I went on a camping trip in a hot climate where there were pictures taken of me in shorts and a tank top. I couldn't believe how big I looked, and I stepped on the scale.

I've never been 170 lbs before, and I was making excuses because I was working so hard that I "couldn't help it"
    I started walking and doing yoga after work (usually 8--9PM, totally exhausted) - and I was so out of shape that I hurt my lower back doing very simple stretches that I had done easily 3 years prior.

So, I was laid off in November 2013 and I decided to look for work that will encourage me to be healthy. I will hopefully find something where I'll be active and I have a full meal period where I can eat healthy and get out at a reasonable hour so I have time to go to the gym after work.

In the meantime I go to the gym every day and log everything that I put into my mouth. I cook every meal and I am starting to have excellent habits, even though I haven't lost any weight yet. :tongue:
  • navyavcm
    Options
    Size 40 pants
  • mamabee103
    mamabee103 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually shower, but I was sore, and decided to take a bath. I could barely fit in the tub. I noticed lately my heels were cracking and I had a double chin in my pictures. I really used to enjoy bubble baths, but I was seriously too wide to feel comfortable. I was horrified
  • Tricexrecharged
    Tricexrecharged Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For me its how much my thighs rub together and my skin beginning to tear in fat folds and the lack of a sex drive. Thank goodness hubby loves me dearly but I read an article that your weight had a lot to do with your sex drive. So that and my thighs burning when I walk was the last straw for me.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    high blood pressure couldn't breath and I hurt everywhere
  • YouTarzanMeVeganJane
    Options
    I got pregnant twice and in both pregnancies I got to almost 200 pounds..id cry every day ???? but then one day I just said enough is enough...i did a bunch of research and joined here January 31 and I haven't looked back ????now I love to exercise and eat healthy...
  • YouTarzanMeVeganJane
    Options
    I also was dealing with joint pain and constipation lol
  • purerpg
    Options
    My friend and I were walking up stairs at work while discussing something or other work related. When we got to the top of the stairs, we were both out of breath and had to pause our conversation. We both looked at each other and decided on the spot to fix that problem. It's so easy for us here, there's a gym out the front door of the building, I really had no more excuses.
  • mteague277
    mteague277 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    It became about health, fitness, and changing my lifestyle, instead of about looks. Now looking good is just a bonus of living a healthy lifestyle.
  • SarahMS79
    SarahMS79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with motivation. I've been small, I've been big...i've been obese... I have really bad problems with depression and alcohol. It's 2014 and I decided I don't want to be obese anymore. I am in a size 16-18 right now and I want to see my size 10's again that I was in a few years back. I want to put down the alcohol for good. When I don't drink I feel better and weight loss is easier. I lost my gallbladder from extreme weight loss and gain...I have had ulcers, heart burn problems, and most recently my feet hurt sooo bad because I'm fat. Seeing myself this Christmas on a family home video made me realize I had to do something I couldn't believe how big I actually was.
  • ThatQuarterHorseHottie
    Options
    Everything really hit home when I realized that I didn't want to see some friends of mine (which I hadn't seen in 5 years) because I didn't want them to see me. I have always been a confident, maybe overly confident person, and when it finally hit me that I was embarrassed to be seen, I realized I had to change.
  • SarahMS79
    SarahMS79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I wish you luck! I can totally relate :)
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I was sick of always feeling exhausted :yawn: . I also was suffering from severe migraines and stomach ulcers from stress frequently. I saw pictures of myself at my cousin's wedding in 2012, and I couldn't believe how big I looked. The scale showing 199 lbs was also a warning that if I don't do something now, the scale will start yelling 220, 240, 260... I was so tired of daydreaming about my former sexy self, and I decided to slowly go into beast mode. I feel so much more alive now. Wish you guys the best with your ongoing fitness and nutrition goals.
  • chancity01
    chancity01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Getting on the scale at the doctor's and realizing that I weighed as much as my mother did. That combined with not being able to cross my legs to tie my shoes! I have tried multiple times to lose weight, I get to the 2 month mark, something dramatic will happen to my schedule, and I lose everything.

I have no excuses to be fat! I have all the tools at my fingertips. I have all the reasons to lose: Borderline diabetic, feet and knee problems, need to look good for my job (Realestate).....