Restart!

Options
arac62
arac62 Posts: 65 Member
I joined MFP fir the first time about a eight months ago after I had already been losing weight for about a month. I lost about 30 lbs in just over two months. Although this was nowhere near my goal, It was the farthest I had ever come in taking control over my weight. I was ecstatic. I felt great, I had a ton a confidence, and I was motivated to continue.

Then summer happened. The longest period of time I lived in the same place was 12 days. I went to Europe, worked at a fantastic camp, fell in love, fell out of love. It was crazy and it was the best summer of my life. However, it was not super conducive to maintaining the good habits I had worked hard to make.

After school started again, I was in a bit of an emotional funk. It was hard to come to terms with the fact that the most amazing summer ever was actually over. A few weeks later, I moved yet again to student teach for 2 months.

Since the beginning of the summer, I have gained back half of the weight I lost. However I am not going to focus on this as a failure. Every experience I had over the past few months has been life changing and amazing. I would not change a thing.

Now I am finally going to live in a the same place for a whole 6 months!! I am ready to start working towards my goal again and to make some serious progress. I know I can and will succeed because I have done it before. I am starting the Scarsdale diet today to help reset my eating habits (please don't jump down my throat about this it really helped me last time) and I am going to start going to the gym tomorrow. I am so excited to resume this journey!

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Wow, that WAS An Amazing summer!

Welcome back to one place, for a bit. I'm here to help!