DR Oz two week rapid weight loss diet

Options
2»

Replies

• MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Is anyone going to try dr. oz'a two week rapid weight loss diet? What are your thoughts?

No thanks. I'm planning to live longer than two weeks.
  • Barbivory
    Options
    Well, I'm LOVING this diet, it is something I can live with my whole life. I think carbs make me sick and I've been on this food plan for 5 days and I feel light, thinner and mentally better. I've always said I'm allergic to flour, salt and sugar and I've tried a million diets and this one allows me to eat all day if I choose to. BUT by the 3rd - 4th day my cravings have calmed down and since my blood sugar has stabilized, I've been able to look at food without that constant craving I've always had because my sugar was up and down all day long. Maybe I'm more sensitive to foods than most people, but I'm really happy with this plan.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I've always said I'm allergic to flour, salt and sugar.

Bwahahahahahaha. If you were allergic to salt you'd be dead. Salt is an essential chemical in the body.

Obvious spammer is obvious.
  • rscott1229
    Options
    I'm on day two, its been rough, but I want to detox and take off the holiday weight. I made a dinner tonight with chicken breast, onions, mushrooms, spinach, and Greek yogurt. It was so good. Glad to finally have something good on this diet.
  • Rmajor3313
    Options
    In an attempt to jump start my post-baby weight loss I gave this 2 week plan a whirl. I look at it as a detox to get my body burning and then I'll go back to living like a normal person. It is day 5. Hell on earth for first two days, no doubt about it. As a coffee drinker, the caffeine withdraw was physically painful. I couldn't get off the couch day 2. I was ready to throw in the towel right then and there, but I let my practical side win and stuck it out.

So today - I haven't lost... But gained three lbs... Probably because my body is clinging to every single thing it can since I'm damn near starving it to death. I'm going to continue since at this point I'm used to the diet. I figure there's a reason it's two weeks, not 5 days. We'll see...
  • PumpJockeyy
    PumpJockeyy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Stop watching Dr.OZ.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz has said repeatedly that he has no diet and he endorses nothing.
    Stop watching Dr.OZ.
    It's bad to lose weight fast.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Odd you have been on here a year and a half and that is the most you have learned... to listen to Dr quack?

I joined this site and another one at the same time so that I could compare ease of logging. I ended up using the other site for a while and only recently started logging on MFP.

It was a while before I started posting in the forums...mostly just read.

Now as far as Dr. Oz goes...enough said...he just tells people what they want to hear...fast weight loss...if only that were true.
  • pmaia
    pmaia Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've been on probably 2 years and I barely post.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I've been on probably 2 years and I barely post.

Post count means EVERYTHING on teh internetz forums
  • Rmajor3313
    Options
    Just an update for those who would like further information on this 2 week jumpstart. I have now totally bailed on certain aspects of his suggestions. I am on board for no wheat, dairy, refined sugar, fake sugar, or caffeine, Lean proteins, and daily probiotic. Sticking to that is tough (and effective thus far) enough for any normal human. The broth, smoothie, and other specific step by step parts are just too needy for me when juggling Munchkins and full time work.

Put simply, I'm not on Dr Oz's plan anymore. So I cannot attest to its success. By continuing a more reasonable version, better suited to me, I have lost the initial freak out lbs and am on track with a healthy amount of weight lost. Every lb is a victory. I hope you all find success with what works for you as well. :)

If you want to check out what the original idea was here is the link for his site.

http://www.doctoroz.com/slideshow/dr-ozs-2-week-rapid-weight-loss-plan-instructions
  • srijana125
    srijana125 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started from today. I hope to get great results. I am at this plateau and it is very hard for me to loose some pounds .
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I started from today. I hope to get great results. I am at this plateau and it is very hard for me to loose some pounds .

it's a gimmick.

every fad diet, no matter what the premise is, assures that you'll lose a large amount of weight in the first 2-3 weeks. after that, all bets are off.

in a nutshell, the reason for this is that when you start restricting calories, you start depleting your glycogen reserves in your muscles and liver first. those reserves are stored with water as well. as the glycogen gets used up, the water is shed by the body. this can account for anywhere from 5-10lbs (or more!) of water weight loss in a short period of time. that's not real weight loss. it will come back as soon as you eat at maintenance levels and your body stores back that water.

the fad diet promoters make their living off this trickery. they hope their clients are not smart enough to catch on. the ones that don't, end up dieting and failing over and over and over and over again because they believe they are the reason the weight loss slowed/stopped after the first 2 or 3 weeks. they blame themselves. binge for awhile. resolve to start again and try the next fad diet. this makes the people selling fad diets and fad diet books rich. this is the dirty little secret of the weight loss industry.

if you want to lose weight, just count calories, add some daily cardio, and make sure you have your BMR/TDEE numbers correct so that you're eating at a deficit. don't deprive yourself of foods you like. just find a way to make room for them occasionally. that's really all there is to it. get enough dietary fats and protein and micronutrients. drink your water. hit your calorie goal (on average) every day. be patient. it works for everyone who tries it. :)