A Lil Motivation from a Fat Girl (with PICS!!!)

Options

Replies

• Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Awesome and inspiring! Very well done!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Great story and a fabulous way to start the new year.....congratulations!

exercise.png
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Wow, I remember those hills. I never got to properly explore them when I was living in CA. But out here in CO, they have more challenges for me. I want to get on them now more than ever thanks to your motivation. Sadly, I have to wait for the snow to melt and my knees to heel. But I will venture out sometime!
  • Levesque_7
    Options
    You truly are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your story! :flowerforyou:
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, well done!

I'm a mountain walker of 16yrs and adore it but boy is it easier 28lbs lighter lol. I alos use walking poles as my glutes don't engage well so it gives my quads a helping hand!

I would encourage anyone who has never felt the absolute feeling of calm and serenity ( I ALWAYS have a busy/noisy head in RL) which mountain walking brings, to give it a go. I haven't done anything else with my hols since 1997!
  • starchile
    starchile Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Just had to say, you made me cry! You are AWESOME!!! You did it, you really won!! I've got your winning picture in my head now and I'm going to make one of my own! <hugs>

Ok...I'm a sap so YOU saying that my post made you cry is MAKING ME CRY!!! THANK YOU for being moved by my story...and THANK YOU for being here. I wish you the absolute best of luck on your journey!!!

HUGS!!!
  • starchile
    Options
    @Kayzia :THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! YES!!! GO GET EM GIRL!!!!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you.

are.

awesome.

THAT IS ALL!! <3.
  • starchile
    Options
    This almost brought tears to my eyes because I am inspired by your awesomeness!!! Good job, girl, and keep up that can-do attitude! You ARE a rockstar!

yep. Luv it!

THANK YOU TO BOTH OF YOU!!!!
  • starchile
    Options
    I'm an over 300 girl myself and that is the most wonderful thing I have seen in a while!!! You just made my year! Thank you!!!!

WOO HOO!!!! Thank you!!! And my hope is that I've, even in a small way, inspired my 300+ people to try to tackle something they didn't think they could do!!! We are capable of SO MUCH MORE than society would have us believe!!!
  • MsMelonBell
    MsMelonBell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome! Thank you for posting :) You remind me not to second guess myself and JUST DO IT.
  • starchile
    Options
    Awesome photos and story! I also love your quote about getting out of your own way (seems we're pretty much always our own biggest obstacle). Congratulations!

Thank you and ABSOLUTELY!!!! WE talk our own selves out of living up to our capacity...we are definitely capable of more than we give ourselves credit for!!
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!!
    On a completely unrelated note, seriously, how on Earth can you look so adorable in your icon with your swim cap and goggles? I look like a coneheaded cartoon Stay-Puff Marshmallow man in my swim gear!
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome post. I am SO glad you shared this accomplishment!!! Thank you!!!
  • starchile
    Options
    Wow you all!!!! I am sooooo thankful and MOVED by the outpouring of love and support!!! The internet can be a MEAN spirited place sometimes and I wasn't sure how well a message from a 300lb woman would be received!!! LOL. But you all are absolutely wonderful and I FEEL THE LOVE!!!

I wish, from the bottom of my heart, for each of you to have success beyond your wildest dreams!!

Ya'll ROCK!!!!
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    AWESOME job!!! What a great way to start off the new year!!! :drinker:
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    That. Is. Awesome! I love that victory pic at the top!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Faaaaanfreakingtastic!!! That has to be the best feeling ever, and I loved what you said at the end. I hope you have many more adventures like this one! :flowerforyou:
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Love your story. Thanks!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Just Freaking Awesome