Progress- Slow and Steady...

Options
33Freya
33Freya Posts: 468 Member
This is not a sprint! If you hurry to lose weight through crash dieting, fasting, fad dieting, etc. You will gain it all back (unless you are in the very small minority). This is a marathon. You will have up days and down days. You will have lapses, and hopefully you'll log in the next day and see that your calories are reset once again and start over!

I did several popular diets before I ended up in the first (large) pic. Then I started making lifestyle changes. I am committed to being more active, and I notice when I log, I do well. When I don't log, I gain, little by little. My profile pic shows my progress so far. I'm down 20+ lbs and have another 25 or so to go...

Replies

• whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    This is not a sprint! If you hurry to lose weight through crash dieting, fasting, fad dieting, etc. You will gain it all back (unless you are in the very small minority). This is a marathon. You will have up days and down days. You will have lapses, and hopefully you'll log in the next day and see that your calories are reset once again and start over!
    THIS.gif
    So much this!
    Also - great progress pic, Freya! :drinker:
  • ladyj_sa
    Options
    That's exactly how I feel... I've lost about 40 pounds over two years but I have a friend who started the same time as me and lost 55 pounds in about 9 months. I felt so despondent when I saw her progress against mine!

But then I started seeing that all she ever ate was breakfast and some fruit during the day, where I'd be eating three healthy meals plus snacks (and pudding from time to time :wink: ).

It's taken time for me to feel this way but I'm extremely proud of my progress because I have done it the "right" way and haven't starved or deprived myself.

Just a few pounds for me to go... Congrats on your progress!
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Well said!! This is not a race or a diet...this is a journey to change your life and the way you eat..Great work on the progress!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Awesome and amazing progress..... the healthy way!!
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll!! I'll be on MFP all year, can't wait to take the next one this December ;):flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!