How cold is it where you live?

Options

Replies

• MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    28 degrees in Gainesville, FL. At least one school district cancelled classes today for the 'extreme cold'.

Seriously? I live in north FL where it is now around 30 (wind chill at 19 )and nothing has closed. You can even go to the zoo for a discounted price since most animals are inside and won't be seen, lol.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    71 degrees here in San Diego ... GO CHARGERS
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    6 Degrees in DC. And someone pulled the fire alarm at work due to the heater blowing smoke. So we were outside for a good 15 mins freezing!
  • joeggarcia
    Options
    suppose to be in the 70's today in Cali...
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    -5 F in Missouri.

Yesterday when I woke up it was -8 with a windchill of -37. Our sliding glass door is literally frozen shut. A lot of school districts were suppose to start classes again on Monday, but the kids got two extra days because of the extreme cold.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    It was 37 degrees F this morning before the sun came up in Sacramento, Calif. Temp is going to get to the mid-60s.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Grand Rapids Michigan, actual temp was 1 below at 6 AM, with wind chill -36. Lots of Lake Effect snow as this artic blast sweeps over the open waters of the Great Lakes, causing several feet of snowfall along with wonderful blowing and drifting. Schools have been closed for 2 days now. :smile: Could be worse. Could be Alaska where winter is like this all season every year.

Ugh!
    Glad we don't have the lake-effect snow on top of the cold here in Wisconsin.
  • marzinator13
    marzinator13 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    -7 feels like -25
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Our high today will only be 67. Brrrrrr. :wink:
  • emergencyninja
    emergencyninja Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    - 4 C here in Indiana
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    6 Degrees in DC. And someone pulled the fire alarm at work due to the heater blowing smoke. So we were outside for a good 15 mins freezing!

A sprinkler head broke and ours has been going off for 30 min noone is going outside though.
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    -30 deg with the wind chil!!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    -16C (-22C with the wind chill). That is actually reasonably warm for us here in Canada. It was much colder just 3 days ago. I am not complaining as warmer is all good.

That's 3F (-8F with the wind chill).

Stay warm everyone.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    It's about 9 Fahrenheit here in D.C. Our schools are also closed, which is ridiculous.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    65 degrees here in Oahu.

About the same here in Phoenix! Hahaha, all those North/Midwest suckers. :laugh:

^^ I used to BE one, so I'm allowed to say it. :wink:
  • virginialee78
    Options
    Wow, after reading some of the other posts... it's a balmy 15 degrees F here in Virginia Beach, Virginia!
  • Bennysammysofie2
    Options
    7 here on the mason/Dixon line
  • saharris1965
    saharris1965 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    18.. windchill is 5.... Too cold in North Carolina!!
  • strive77
    strive77 Posts: 280
    Options
    46 In south florida right now
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Wow, after reading some of the other posts... it's a balmy 15 degrees F here in Virginia Beach, Virginia!

It got up to 17 here on the Peninsula in Yorktown :laugh: