refocusing on my goals...

Options
So a bit about my goals--my long term goal weight was about 114 pounds away from where I started. This year, a friend and I made new years resolutions to drop 60 pounds. So far, I've lost about 44 pounds, then July happened. A lot of work travel and vacation travel and some backsliding into bad habits. That being said, I've still maintained the 44 pound lost, but I am hating this plateau! I am trying to refocus on the good habits. My short term goal is only 16 pounds away, and there is only about 4 months left in the year...I CAN DO THIS! I just have to remember to consistently make good choices including to not snack after supper! Tracking my food and exercise has helped me see my patterns and know where I have to focus my efforts. I had not been on my elliptical machine so often due to the travel and the heat--but I did get outside for walks, so that being said, the walks were key in helping me maintain my weight loss despite some not so good food choices. I've learned that I can maintain the loss with some gentle exercise, which is a good lesson--but i still have more work to do!

Replies

• Amy154
    Amy154 Posts: 52
    Options
    Evening is my bad time also. Next weekend (Labor Day, 3 day weekend) I am going to follow my Mom's advice and start a new cross stitch, knitting, hands project. That way I do not want to eat, because I do not want to get it dirty! It may be a series of Christmas stockings....

And 44 lbs is awesome!!!

Amy
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,359 Member
    Options
    Good going. Night time eating is a hard one and one I still struggle with. I agree with exercise helping to maintain weight loss. Bottom line is, unless we are perfect with our eating we are going to have to exercise to lose weight or maintain loss. Your thoughts are true and I am sure it help to write them here. Keep up the good work and congrats on 44 pound weight loss!!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I think summer is a hard time of year for the eating and all the holiday weekends. I too have hit a speed bump. Was going strong now I have been on a stand still- fighting to get under 200 lbs. I believe in YOU! You can so do this!!!
  • ahesse
    ahesse Posts: 5
    Options
    Congratulations! 44 lbs is amazing! And it sounds like you're really getting to know yourself which will be so good in the long run. You may already be doing this, but I find that the more water I drink throughout the day, the less tempted I am to snack at night. Its still not easy though, and I love the cross stitch idea to help out! Definitely going to try that one :-)