Favorite Insanity workout?

Options
I'm not very far into the program, only in my 2nd week, but I have my favorites, so far.

Pure Cardio is probably my favorite, even though it's damn tough.

The wost for me is Power Cardio and Resistance. I pull my inner left thigh every time during the warmups. I gotta work on landing into a bit less of a wider squat during the power jumps.

What's your favorite and worst??

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Favorite is the Fit Test because it's short! :tongue: Worst (that I've tried) is probably Max Cardio. I definitely the T25 I'm doing right now a lot better than Insanity, but I might give it a go after I finish.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that doesn't count :P I would have said that, but it's more of a benchmark (don't get me wrong, it's a great workout!).

I've got the T25 as well, and I'm going to be doing it with my fiance once she feels well enough to start working out. So I'll actually be doing doubles (I work 3rd shift and do Insanity at work) even though it really won't seem like it.
  • Jaymeow11
    Options
    hey i just orderd the insainty the other day! i got a question were you guys super sore after? (that unable to walk up stairs kinda sore or workout good) im super nevruous for that so ive been doing lots of cardio and squats to get ready lol
  • joehempel
    Options
    I was super sore the first week.

Week 2 I know my limits a bit more and know when I can push and when I need to pull back....first few days I was trying to keep up...big mistake.

That being said, I'm not as sore as I was after the first few workouts as my body adjusted to the higher impact workout.

Be prepared to jump, and go up and down quite a bit.

Any soreness is good in my opinion though, as long as it's not the "something's wrong" kind of soreness that I get after the power jumps and pulling my inner left thigh
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    anything from month one... month 2 is just HARD!
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Plyo Cardio - love it. Month 2 was hard I agree, but worth it since I would burn 800-850 cals per workout! Lol.

Going to re-start Insanity soon I think, since I found T25 a let down.
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I love it all
  • joehempel
    Options

I did some sneek peaks into that....you do the FIT TEST AND a MAX Workout in ONE DAY??? Holy.......

I'm looking at around a 700 calorie burn in month one during these (I think that's quite high so I ordered a Polar FT4 to compare to my Sportline Duo 560...at any rate, the FT4 was cheaper so I can return the Duo).

I could only imagine what my HRM would say during the 2nd month.

MrsCupCakeBoy......love it like love/hate or love it because you enjoy pain? LOL
  • joehempel
    Options
    Plyo Cardio - love it. Month 2 was hard I agree, but worth it since I would burn 800-850 cals per workout! Lol.

Just curious, why did you find it a let-down? I'm going to be doing it with my fiance along with Insanity at night. Day 1 I've done a couple times and found it pretty challenging...no where near Insanity, but they are targeted for different things I think.
  • purch1977
    purch1977 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    love pure cardio its just nuts!!
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Month 2 - Max Sports Interval is one of my faves.
  • DR2501
    Options

Just curious, why did you find it a let-down? I'm going to be doing it with my fiance along with Insanity at night. Day 1 I've done a couple times and found it pretty challenging...no where near Insanity, but they are targeted for different things I think.

I just wrote a long post on this and the stupid website deleted it :mad:

Its hard to explain, but I think the marketing of T25 is misleading. It was billed as being Insanity in 25 minutes, which it just isn't. Too many silly exercises for me, like clapping under my knees (silly) and dancing (annoying). If I wanted dancing, I'd buy hip hop abs or something.

Insanity to me is brilliant, it's hard work and has proper exercises, and anyone can do it. You do what you can and take your rests then push yourself next time, and it never gets easy. I was fat and totally unfit when I did it, so it can be done. The problem with T25 is that I'd let myself slip by the time I started it, so I was fat and unfit again, but I could complete the workouts straight away. No progression. It wasn't the lower timescale that did it either, see Insanity Fast and Furious for why!

IMO T25 is aimed at really unfit people who haven't worked out in years and have trouble getting started, which is absolutely fine I have no problems with that at all, just don't try and say its something else when its not. Anyway, despite all that I wouldn't discourage anyone else from doing it if they enjoy it, it just isn't for me.

Sorry that was so long lol :)
  • joehempel
    Options
    See I didn't get that from the marketing.....but it's very very easy to draw comparisons to the two programs based on what they do.

I called it Insanity Lite for the most part. I actually do find it a good workout, albeit I agree, some things are silly, but no where near Insanity....it's kind of why I'm going to do it with my fiance and do Insanity later that day.

I'm going to be curious to see what happens after doing Insanity for two weeks and then do this.

In a recent video I saw Shaun T had said to not compare Insanity and T25, two different programs. T25 is for people that want to get a good solid workout in, with a minimal amount of time, and Insanity is for people...well...people who want to die LOL.

Thanks for your response to it, I'm happy to see the specifics of why you didn't like it and why it didn't work for you.

Have you done Asylum or Asylum 2?
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Cardio Power and Resistance from Insanity, but Vertical Plyo from the Asylum is my favourite overall.
  • DR2501
    Options
    No problem, I think it helps to get people's views on workout plans, especially when they're expensive! :smile:

I think in fairness he made that video because so many people WERE comparing the two lol, but that's fair enough. If you enjoy it, fair play to you I hope it works genuinely. I stopped after the second week because I didn't feel like I was working out enough unfortunately.

I haven't done Asylum 1 or 2 no, are they good? Have you seen/done Insanity Fast and Furious? That's what I was hoping T25 would be like lol
  • joehempel
    Options
    I actually have never heard of Insanity Fast and Furious...I must look into this!

I've not done Asylum at all, but I'm thinking of possibly dl'ing it and trying it before I buy lol.
  • DR2501
    Options
    Insanity fast and furious is 20 minutes of pain, but its a great workout lol

I actually plan to re-do Insanity without the warm up stretching to save time, especially as static stretching pre-exercise is unnecessary :)
  • Khushi22
    Khushi22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just finished my Month 1 of Insanity.
    I like Plyo & Cardio Recovery!
    But I felt greatest & proudest after doing Pure Cardio & Abs.

Question - how much weight did you loose in month 1?
  • Khushi22
    Options
    O no.. !! I'm on my recovery week... & then start month 2. I'm so nervous!
  • Khushi22
    Options

O no.. !! I'm on my recovery week... & then start month 2. I'm so nervous!