plain chicken?

Options
For dinner i want to just take a 4 ounce boneless and skinless chicken breast and bake it. No seasonings, no butter, nothing. Just throw it in the oven. Looking on here and even googling, I get a million different answers.

So anyone know how many calories just a plain, boneless, skinless chicken breast baked is?

thanks

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Its in the Database
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    According to the database here it's 140 calorie for a 4 oz skinless, baked breast.
  • AmenoKaji
    AmenoKaji Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    typically 4oz of chicken is around 100 calories if i remember correctly.
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    Its based off where you bought the chicken breast....I'd say to check and see if the store you bought it from is in there and make sure you calculate the oz's correctly....
  • cuddlegrl
    cuddlegrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hope this helps :smile:

I currently have in my freezer Giant Eagle (local grocery store) brand Chicken Breast Tenders all natural

Label reads
    Serving size: 4oz.
    serving per container: varied
    Amount per serving:
    Calories 120
    Calories from fat 10
    total fat: 1.5g
    saturated fat .5g
    trans fat 0
    cholesterol 65mg
    sodium 75mg
    carbs 0
    protein 26g
    vitamin C 2%
    Calcium 2%
    Iron 4%
    % based on 2000 calorie diet
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    According to the database here it's 140 calorie for a 4 oz skinless, baked breast.
    personally I'd go with the database as well :drinker:
  • MomBo
    MomBo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I freeze portions of chicken breast and thaw as needed...my counter says 33 cals for 1 oz of raw chicken white meat (so use my food scale). 3 oz is around 100 cals....4 is close to 130 cals...pretty much in line with what others have said. Many times I will make a meal around 3oz or so of chicken...stir fry add to veggies & put over 1/2 c cooked rice, stir fry put in a wrap with veggies...use just an olive spray when stir frying... use Mrs Dash salt sub flavorings to change things up...I need to vary what I eat...has become a challenge to make something low cal and low fat that I enjoy eating...helps me stay with it.
  • amesserschmidt
    Options
    thanks everyone
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    That 4 ounces is precooked weight.... just to make things more confusing!

(Which should end up being around 3 ounces AFTER it's cooked)
  • bsweettt
    bsweettt Posts: 56
    Options
    I can't seem to get enough of plain chicken. I love it boiled, and usually eat it with mustard or salsa. It's probably one of my favorite meals!