50 lbs off in 4.5 months and How I did it with Pics

Options

Replies

• billgiersberg
    Options
    Thanks for the post and the info. Very useful for those of us trying to walk in your footsteps.
  • twingirls05
    Options
    Well done! I love reading your perspective on things! Keep up the good work...you are SO inspiring! Good luck with your marathon training!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Absolutely fabulous! :bigsmile:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    You look amazing......and so young!
  • sunnie5468
    Options
    ive already lost 40 lbs and then got burnt out so i took some pic of myself today and wow i got my motivation back .i know its gonna work . you look great and i know how hard it was i was actully 200lds 5''3 now im 155 30 more lbs to go
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    Wow that was really inspiring. thanks for the information!
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Great job Carlos, and great tips and just good common sense advice and encouragement too.
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Bravo Carlos, you are reading my mind! :drinker:
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Well done :happy: Good luck with the marathon training!

Erika
  • Sarah101010
    Options
    So awesome and inspiring, you actually made me tear up a bit! So happy to have "met" you here. I know you will continue to inspire many, including me!
  • starstealing
    Options
    wow. you look SO much younger.

thanks for your post; you're super inspiring!!
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Very inspiring... Keep up the awesome work! :)
  • cparter
    Options
    Thanks Sgirl, Starstealing, Sarah and Erika. I was just bumping this back to the top of my topics for a healthy reminder. I great appreciate the added comments and I pray that you all find your strength within as you continue on this journey to a healthy life style.
  • jsg8tor
    jsg8tor Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What an inspiring journey.
  • cparter
    Options
    Wow!! What an inspiring journey.
    Thanks. It just breaks my heart when I read about people losing weight fast due to severely reduced calories and extreme exercising. They do not realize that if they do not learn and choose to accept the idea of control now that all they will see is a return and increase of all they have lost. It is sad with all the yo yo weight gains/losses but that is the nature of man wanting the quick fix. Educating yourself, control, and accepting change is the only way to make it a life time success.

This journey is not mine alone. God has given me a compass and a mission. I pray that He will maintain me and keep me focused on His purpose in this journey. I am thankful for those who know my story locally and come to me for advice. I had the neatest thing happen last night; a 16 year personal trainer heard my story and asked that I call him so he can set up a meeting with his clients and me so I can give them a motivational speech about my journey.
  • SylvieJacques
    SylvieJacques Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    So very true and the problem with anything extreme is that you cannot sustain it and this is when you go back to where you came from and gain the weight back... just because you haven't learned to eat healthier and be in control.

This new you has to be part of your life and this may mean that you have to make some slight adjustment in your life to make this happen but it is sooooo worth it.

Good luck with the marathon training and everything else.
  • cparter
    Options
    So very true and the problem with anything extreme is that you cannot sustain it and this is when you go back to where you came from and gain the weight back... just because you haven't learned to eat healthier and be in control.

This new you has to be part of your life and this may mean that you have to make some slight adjustment in your life to make this happen but it is sooooo worth it.

Good luck with the marathon training and everything else.
    Appreciate it. Will be running 15 miles this weekend. Just testing the boundaries for now but will be back off on my training soon to allow more time to work on technique prior to the marathon next March.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    You look SO much younger!!! Way to go!
  • cparter
    Options
    Amy,

Sorry about getting back to you so late but I am nothing compared to your victory. You look awesome and to say 91 lbs down. Awesome! Way to go. Keep up the good work. Wow.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!