1st day of maintenance

Options
Hello all

I have lost 4st 2lbs which took a year. Now I am trying to maintain which I have never done I don't no how much extra to eat. My weigh lose varied with MFP. Anything from half a pound to 2.5lbs a week. I don't no if I should eat about 1500 and see how it goes? I very rarely ate the 1480 MFP said I should eat and I don't eat my exercise calories back.

Any help much appreciated

Replies

• ummmmm84
    ummmmm84 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add MFP says I should now eat 1910 calories
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    start at 1500 this week, then up by 100 each week till you get to MFPs suggested amount and then see what your weight does after a few weeks eating that number... if it is stable within a 5lb range, you have found maintenance!
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I agree that increasing slowly is the way to go. I went up by 50 a week, then 100 a week for the last 200. I'm still working out what my maintenance calorie intake is. I have stuck to what MFP has told me, but after doing it for 3 weeks I will weigh myself tomorrow and see how my weight looks. Though I do expect to put on some from xmas and also from just eating more.
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I eat what MFP has calculated for maintenance (1700) + around 300 cals corresponding to my exercise and I've been maintaining fine like that (though only a few weeks in maintenance)
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Re-feed slowly and monitor weight / fat% till you hit maintenance target!
  • ummmmm84
    ummmmm84 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I'll give it a go it can only go one of 3 ways and all can be fixed