Starting today

Options
Any grandma's (or anyone else)out there looking to get strong and lean?? I started at this site today and am looking for friends to share the journey. I am 5'2" and about 30#s overweight according to the charts. I know I need to lose pounds but my main goal is to get stronger and reduce my waist size. I'm retired so finally have time to figure this out, so no excuses! I know I need to weight train. So far I have been doing aerobic exercise with 3# weight sand modified pilates. I can't get to a gym so need to work at home, Any suggestions???

Replies

• yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am a rookie at this. Just joined last week and am venturing into the website. You and I have a lot in common and I would like to encourage you. My name is sue too but I'm 5'1'' so you have an advantage over me. You can always run in place in the house if you have good shoes and a TV to watch so you aren't bored to death. I love walking and can't wait for good weather again. I have been so focused on calorie counting I forgot about exercise, duh.
  • tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I think it's awesome that you're tackling this now! I know a few grandma's that workout at home as well and do great. Feel free to add me if you're looking for buddies :)