Putting on weight but losing cellulite?

Options
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out at all. I am trying to put on weight as I lost about a stone through stress, desperately trying to put it back on again. However, due to a lifestyle change of going from dancer to office worker, my thighs have gone from muscle to fat and I now have cellulite all over my thighs and bum even though I am petite.

Does anyone have any tips on how i can put on the weight but lose the cellulite?! I have been going to the gym and mixing up cardio with weight training, trying to eat healthy and lots of it- but nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks
Carmen

Replies

• runningincognito
    Options
    I've learned that the more weight I lift the more cellulite that disappears. I sprint uphill as well, which helps a ton too.
  • MrsJS5
    MrsJS5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a weightlifter's diet. They are trying to bulk while keeping fat low.
  • lizless1
    lizless1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    keep us updated if you find something that works because I am rocking some
    cellulite as well.
  • chops26
    chops26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the advice. I probably should try lifting heavier weights as maybe 10kg isn't cutting it! Am also adding flaxseed to one of my meals a day so will let you know if this helps too..
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    my thighs have gone from muscle to fat

Okay, I hope that was just a poor choice of phrase, and that you don't actually believe that muscle turns to fat spontaneously. It's fat gain, not alchemy, lol!

Cellulite is just connective fibers causing lumps in adipose (fat) tissue. Reduce the fat percentage overall on your body, and the cellulite will diminish. You might want to look into a bulk and cut over the course of a few months, bulk by eating a calorie surplus and lifting heavy weights, then cut down the little bit of fat by dropping your calorie count. Use the search function, there are several threads that go over the ins and outs. Good luck.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the advice. I probably should try lifting heavier weights as maybe 10kg isn't cutting it! Am also adding flaxseed to one of my meals a day so will let you know if this helps too..

Out of curiosity, what do you think flaxseed will do, as far as meeting your goals?
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    How old are you? Cellulite increases with age, even at the same weight. At least that has been my experience. Your skin simply thins as you age.

That being said, I've been able to reduce mine significantly by lifting heavy weights and dropping a few lbs.
  • chops26
    Options
    Muscle into fat- EXACTLY! I definitely think thats whats happened, flaxseed apparently is an omega 3 substitute so a good, healthy fat. Its a bit of a weird one as am wanting to fill out but obv with the cellulite you have to be careful with what you eat and what exercise you do. I've had trouble getting my head round it but am feelin gpositive! Thanks for the advice :)
  • chops26
    Options
    How old are you? Cellulite increases with age, even at the same weight. At least that has been my experience. Your skin simply thins as you age.

That being said, I've been able to reduce mine significantly by lifting heavy weights and dropping a few lbs.

I'm only 27- wah! I think I need to increase my weight when I do squats- that's goign to be my next step.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a weightlifter's diet. They are trying to bulk while keeping fat low.

define, "low"?