Where can I find running pants for tall people?

Options
It seems the athletic apparel industry is geared towards those 5'8 and below!

I have been searching for some tall running leggings and pants that wont leave my ankles to freeze in the winter cold!!

I am 6' and would be happy to buy men's apparel if that meant my ankles wouldn't freeze, but I don't want to break the bank to acquire them. Any suggestions?

Replies

• gwenr
    gwenr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Athleta. I'm 5'11" and have the same issue. I do find that even though Gap running pants don't come in 'long' they are actually really long and may be long enough for you. I can't wear men's stuff, they fit weird everywhere but in the length. Oh, and also consider tall socks or legwarmers.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    asics.

I don't know about the women's tights, but the men's tights come in tall sizes too. I'm a 6' tall man, and I've got some normal length Asics Myles tights from last year that are too long for me, but I only have a 31" pant inseam. Talls are a couple inches longer.

I was able to get them shipped to my local Foot Locker cheaper than any other online place, so returning them would have been easy.
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have the same problem. I wear underarmour running tights and they are nice and long.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Lululemon makes tall leggings and pants.
  • ben_kuz
    Options
    I'm 6'3 and I use Nike running pants. They're long enough, have an elastic draw-string at the ankles, and are dri-fit which helps with sweating. They were surprisingly inexpensive for what Nike usually costs. They set me back €28 at a Nike Store in Hamburg, so about $40USD. When I was in the US last week, I went to a Sports Authority and they had Nike and UnderArmour workout gear for 30-40% off.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Do you have TJ Maxx or Marshall's in your area? I'm in the 5'8" and under category but my bestie is 5'11" so she knows your pain. She's had some luck in the past with those kinds of stores because they have a variety of brands. It's hit or miss but you can get a good deal so it's worth a try IMHO
  • 2_blackdogs
    2_blackdogs Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! These are some great suggestions!
  • trail_rnr
    trail_rnr Posts: 337 Member
    Options
  • MB392
    MB392 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found some "talls" at Old Navy online.