Thunder thighs!

Options
2»

Replies

• fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    yes you can target your fat areas theris a sept challenge with a lot of good exercises on it i join it theri squats lunges leg extensions high knees dead lifts hamstring curls try it you will see a change i have thunder thighs to but by the end of stept i won't

No you cannot. Never could and never will be able to target fat to burn. You can build muscle to create definition, but the fat will come of all of your body.
    If you do heaps and heaps of leg exercises to try to reduce the size of your thighs you will be sorely dissapointed as you will build muscle in that area, lose fat across you whole body and your thighs will actually get bigger!
    yes you can low fat no fat diet with exercise it will target your fatty area and use it as fuel,models do it all the time,fat puts fat on your body, and sometime it settles in certains areas like the butt thigh calves thats why a no fat diet and exercise helps it will get the fat from where it needs it for fuel like your calves or thighs i have done it before. so i know it dose work its hard to do but you can do it

You still have not explained how you target a certain area!!! Low fat/ no fat diet will mean you lose body fat all over. You CANNOT "target" an area so you lose fat off your thighs but not off other parts of your body! You have described general weight loss. You will lose weight from where it is stored which is all over your body. If your body stores ALL of its fat on your thighs then yes, you will lsoe the fat off your thighs, but if you store more fat on your thighs there is nothing you can do to force your body to shed that fat first. It will use the fat from all the fat stores of your body, including your thighs.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    your body will take from where it has the fat stored, say your at your goal weight but you notice that your calvs are still fat. you drop you fat grams down below 20 and you exercise the heck out off your calves, with calf raises and your bodys is not getting the fat for fuel it will pull it out of your calves because thats where it stores the execess, it where you have the most and if your bodys not getting any fat its going to go after its storage it will go into almost a stravation where it has to use it up.the exercise helps the process because that where it will go to get is fuel
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    yes you can target your fat areas theris a sept challenge with a lot of good exercises on it i join it theri squats lunges leg extensions high knees dead lifts hamstring curls try it you will see a change i have thunder thighs to but by the end of stept i won't

No you cannot. Never could and never will be able to target fat to burn. You can build muscle to create definition, but the fat will come of all of your body.
    If you do heaps and heaps of leg exercises to try to reduce the size of your thighs you will be sorely dissapointed as you will build muscle in that area, lose fat across you whole body and your thighs will actually get bigger!
    yes you can low fat no fat diet with exercise it will target your fatty area and use it as fuel,models do it all the time,fat puts fat on your body, and sometime it settles in certains areas like the butt thigh calves thats why a no fat diet and exercise helps it will get the fat from where it needs it for fuel like your calves or thighs i have done it before. so i know it dose work its hard to do but you can do it

first, anecdotal evidence is no evidence at all (saying "it worked for me, so it's true" is not a sound practice). Second, how much fat you have in your diet has very little to do with body fat. They are two completely different things and do not correlate. Third, I have no idea what you are talking about with a no fat diet, a no fat diet is dangerous, and extremely unhealthy, the body requires a certain amount of dietary fat as many vitamins and minerals we digest need dietary fat (called fat soluble vitamins)as a transport medium. Generally, most nutrition experts agree that 12 to 15% of your diet should be fat, with about 85 to 95% of that fat being "good" fats or Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids.

Look, this is standard nutritional science. Ask any qualified trainer or registered dietitian, you'll get the same answer, you can't target fat loss.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll try to be more specific here. you can target muscle groups for lengthening, strengthening, and increasing mass, but you cannot, in any way, shape, or form, target an area of the body for fat loss. It's physically impossible to do so. If you think about it, it's actually quite obvious why that is the case.

the way the body burns fat is it removes it from an area through the blood stream, brings it to the liver, which metabolizes it and sends the energy to the area's that need it. The body won't care where that fat comes from, it actually sends the "I need energy" message to all parts of the body at once through hormones, and the first place to respond wins (so to speak). The body does not say, "oh I need energy, and my stomach has extra, I'll take it from there". The body is an efficiency engine, it will always use the least amount of energy from the first available source.

there is one very minor caveat to this rule. Intramuscular fat can sometimes be metabolized in VERY small amounts, at the muscle site in times of extreme depletion, but this is very inefficient, and the human body doesn't have a lot of "marbling" in their muscles, we're just not built like that.

hope this helps guys.
    no that not true because you body puts on weight in different places like your tummy your legs butt and it takes it off in certain places frist like your breast because theris where you have the most fat, stored that your body dose not need personally my body lazys it gets it frist,from the places it is the easest

What? this is a very disjointed statement. I mean, you can't just say "no, it's not true" then offer up no explanation as to why if you want credibility. Especially if you're going to set out to disprove one of the most concrete facts in nutrition and sports medicine out today. Look, this is one of the tenants of modern exercise training. You can NOT target fat loss. This is not some myth that I thought up in my spare time, this is a solid, medical fact, based on proven tests and mounds of empirical testing done for the last 50 years. If you like I can point you towards any number of published results from tests done on how body fat is metabolized. But really, there's no need, just ask a personal trainer, or a registered dietitian, or even a GP, they'll all tell you the same thing, you can't target fat loss.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll try to be more specific here. you can target muscle groups for lengthening, strengthening, and increasing mass, but you cannot, in any way, shape, or form, target an area of the body for fat loss. It's physically impossible to do so. If you think about it, it's actually quite obvious why that is the case.

the way the body burns fat is it removes it from an area through the blood stream, brings it to the liver, which metabolizes it and sends the energy to the area's that need it. The body won't care where that fat comes from, it actually sends the "I need energy" message to all parts of the body at once through hormones, and the first place to respond wins (so to speak). The body does not say, "oh I need energy, and my stomach has extra, I'll take it from there". The body is an efficiency engine, it will always use the least amount of energy from the first available source.

there is one very minor caveat to this rule. Intramuscular fat can sometimes be metabolized in VERY small amounts, at the muscle site in times of extreme depletion, but this is very inefficient, and the human body doesn't have a lot of "marbling" in their muscles, we're just not built like that.

hope this helps guys.
    no that not true because you body puts on weight in different places like your tummy your legs butt and it takes it off in certain places frist like your breast because theris where you have the most fat, stored that your body dose not need personally my body lazys it gets it frist,from the places it is the easest

What? this is a very disjointed statement. I mean, you can't just say "no, it's not true" then offer up no explanation as to why if you want credibility. Especially if you're going to set out to disprove one of the most concrete facts in nutrition and sports medicine out today. Look, this is one of the tenants of modern exercise training. You can NOT target fat loss. This is not some myth that I thought up in my spare time, this is a solid, medical fact, based on proven tests and mounds of empirical testing done for the last 50 years. If you like I can point you towards any number of published results from tests done on how body fat is metabolized. But really, there's no need, just ask a personal trainer, or a registered dietitian, or even a GP, they'll all tell you the same thing, you can't target fat loss.

Lordy, Banks. Just go ahead and give up. You know how people can debate and never 'see the light', lol.
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ha ha your right! Thats why I gave up! I started to write a reply and thought "I can't say anymore than I have"

Now I am off to target the fat on my stomach by doing hundreds of situps... Not sure why but it doesn't seem to be working... LOL