Is there a food with equal Carb/Protein/Fat content?

Options
I'm trying to balance out my diet, but I need to find a food that has a nice balance of Carbs/protein/fat.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to balance out my diet, but I need to find a food that has a nice balance of Carbs/protein/fat.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Make tacos. Adjust ingredients as necessary.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that this is the right approach? I just try to hit my protein goals, and carbs and fat seem to follow relatively easy. In for macros discussion...
  • steveramz
    Options
    My macro target is 45Carbs/35Protein/20Fat and I'm ALMOST there but I need one food to balance it out so I can plan my daily meals.

I've been working out for years with no diet in place and I'm finally doing the work to make some real results.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    You do realize every meal does not need to be balanced? There's no need to find foods with perfect macro balances - pick what you eat based on what you need for that day.

ETA - Never mind. If you have a whole plan in mind and aren't willing to change anything, good luck finding the food you need.
  • steveramz
    Options
    You do realize every meal does not need to be balanced? There's no need to find foods with perfect macro balances - pick what you eat based on what you need for that day.

Really? I thought each meal having that "balance" caused an ideal insulin response...?
  • steveramz
    Options
    ETA - Never mind. If you have a whole plan in mind and aren't willing to change anything, good luck finding the food you need.

Who said I wasn't willing to change anything?
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

Really? I thought each meal having that "balance" caused an ideal insulin response...?

Are you diabetic? Or eating before a training session?

If just worried about 'ideal insulin response' in your meal before slogging the next 4 hours in a cubicle, I wouldn't woryr about it.
  • steveramz
    Options

If just worried about 'ideal insulin response' in your meal before slogging the next 4 hours in a cubicle, I wouldn't woryr about it.

No, but the macro (per meal) I'm using is supposed to be followed to manipulate my metabolism to burn fat and put on one pound of muscle a week.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    a meaty thin crust pizza is usually pretty close
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

Somebody needs to invent a time machine so we can go back in time and shoot Taubes before he wrote that damn book...
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options

No, but the macro (per meal) I'm using is supposed to be followed to manipulate my metabolism to burn fat and put on one pound of muscle a week.

:huh:

Ooookay….
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

I think you're taking it a bit too literal.

+/- 10% on your macros is pretty much hitting your macros. Not every meal needs to be balanced, but your overall average should be. Working from a weekly average would be fine I imagine. Personally, I like to get my protein out of the way early in the day because it's my least favorite macro (I'd rather have pasta and ice cream haha). I'll try to eat about 12 ounces of chicken for lunch, which is the majority of my protein, and then the rest of the day I get to eat all the stuff I really enjoy to meet my fat and carb macro while throwing in a little protein here and there.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Delete.
  • homeyjosey
    homeyjosey Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds chicken nuggets are pretty close to having equal carb/protein/fat grams
  • susanjendrucko
    Options
    Sounds like what you are describing is similar to the principles of the Zone diet, where you eat certain "blocks" of carbs, protein and monosaturated fat in each meal. I've never seen / heard of a specific FOOD that does this, but a specific meal (like a salad with chicken and vinigarette) would have the kind of balance you're describing.
  • stealthq
    Options

Who said I wasn't willing to change anything?

From the post it sounded like you had a strict menu in mind and were just looking for the last piece. I inferred that you'd rather just have that last piece than reconfigure what you were planning. I didn't mean to come off as flippant, though I can see where I might have.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Chicken Selects are 45carb/33fat/35protein 610 cals for 5
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds chicken nuggets are pretty close to having equal carb/protein/fat grams

SNAP!
  • stealthq
    Options
    If you didn't realize, you are fine with balancing your macros over the course of a day. That should make your meal planning light years easier.