Hello ... again

Options
DrGM42
DrGM42 Posts: 32 Member
Hello out there!

Any folks out there looking for some mutual encouragement/support? I describe myself as a geek mom (science/gamer/comics/sci-fi/fantasy), married to a geek guy, raising two girls. Wife, mother, chemist, educator, chauffeur, cat wrangler, strategic planner, and, with your help, a soon-to-be happier, healthier 40 year old.

I am trying this again. Three years ago, I sat on the couch, right where I am right now, and found this website. I was committed. I loged everyday. I lived it and loved it. I lost 60 lbs and was the happiest I ever had been. Then I worked on my dissertation. STRESS creeped in along with crappy habits about eating. Late nights, eating to stay awake, long meetings ... something had to give and it was my lifestyle. When it was all over, I was sick and exhausted. Since then there has been all kinds of excuses. Too many to get into here.

I can't remember my login for my original account, (one of my excuses) so I'm starting again. This isn't a New Years resolution. I'm trying to get back to where I was. I'm trying to get back to feeling good and looking good. If you are looking for someone to cheer you on, add me. If you are looking for someone to celebrate your accomplishments, add me. If you a looking for someone to lean on, add me. Let's do this together.