snack put me over

Options
Ahhh, I was doing so well all day, even when I was hungry this afternoon I just drank more water and cut the snack I was originally going to have in half so it wouldn't be so much. So tonight after dinner I had 311 calories left, so I decided to have a snack. I was annoyed that I had a lot of stuff to do and seemingly no time, and the whole watching EVERYTHING I eat was getting on my nerves (it's only the second day!!), so I got off path with my snack. Didn't have real bad food, just cheese and crackers (ok and a pepsi, it's my ultimate weakness) but I didn't stick to the serving size and ended up going 270 calories over my daily limit! Holy crap, look at the damage a moment of weakness will do. I wasn't even THAT hungry! Oh well, tomorrow is another day I guess.

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, I was doing so well all day, even when I was hungry this afternoon I just drank more water and cut the snack I was originally going to have in half so it wouldn't be so much. So tonight after dinner I had 311 calories left, so I decided to have a snack. I was annoyed that I had a lot of stuff to do and seemingly no time, and the whole watching EVERYTHING I eat was getting on my nerves (it's only the second day!!), so I got off path with my snack. Didn't have real bad food, just cheese and crackers (ok and a pepsi, it's my ultimate weakness) but I didn't stick to the serving size and ended up going 270 calories over my daily limit! Holy crap, look at the damage a moment of weakness will do. I wasn't even THAT hungry! Oh well, tomorrow is another day I guess.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow IS another day.

No worries. Sleeping burns calories...go get some much deserved rest. :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • SurferGirl
    Options
    Yep! Tomorrow is a new day. It's really an eye opener when you look at the calories a food you really don't care that much about has.... and it makes it easier to choose more wisely the next time.
    Hang in there, and don't be too hard on yourself.
    :wink:
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was just like that my self yesterday. Didn't really go over, but had a brownie I really didn't need.
  • laylae0714
    Options
    Yeah man, don't beat yourself up over it. It's finals week at my college, and well.. a dessert (or 2) a day doesn't bother me any.

Maybe just do some jumping jacks along with crunches or lunges.. or anything of the like to make yourself feel a little better after binges like that. Remember.. it's changing the way you think.. if you usually enjoy a pepsi everyday, then two days of mfp isn't going to automatically change that.

- Layla
  • JoEllyn1390
    Options
    does water really help? I'm going crazy with the snak problem. I haven't gone over yet! juice is my worst problem though!

JoEllyn1390
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Yes because it will help fill you up. I also read (don't know if it is true) that dehydration can also be mistaken for hunger pains, so you're really just thirsty and not so much hungry. Makes sense I suppose. By the way, I HATE water unless I am insanely thirsty, so drinking water just to drink it is like torture, but it seems to do the trick sometimes.