Can't believe it!!

AnaNotBanana
AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
I just got home from my two mile run!!! Me, yes me who could barely run across the street 30 lbs ago just ran two miles straight, without stopping or slowing down!! Through my attempt to lose weight and train for a 5K I have been amazed at what my body can do if I push it. This is one of those moments where I look at myself and think WOW!!! I would love to hear everyone else's WOW moment.

Replies

• pandygurl
    pandygurl Posts: 14 Member
    thats amazing!!! Congrats and keep up the amazing work!
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Doesn't it feel great?! Where I used to live there was a square of roads that was a mile a side, so 4 miles total. I remember the first time I ran the whole thing without stopping. You're right about what your body can do, because most of it is all mental. When you learn that pain is just temporary, it's amazing what you can do.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Congrats, I know in May I couldnt run either, but that was 30lbs ago when I joined the gym, I am going to be doing a 5k in Nov
  • kgalea
    kgalea Posts: 156 Member
    Congrats! Been there - keep up the hard work and before you know it you will be finishing a 10k, 15k, 1/2 marathon or even a full marathon - Nothing is impossible... I used to weigh 210+ (in college) and ran my first full marathon in 2004 (at the age of 36) - Definitely something I never dreamed I'd be able to do when I was in college...
  • JUSTFORME2010
    JUSTFORME2010 Posts: 125 Member
    We are truly enjoying your wow moment believe me!!!! You should br really proud of yourself keep it up

debbie
This discussion has been closed.