Hi, I'm Jen, and I'm a Chronic Diet Quitter :(

^^ I'm ending that NOW. ^^
I've been on MFP previously, but I decided to start over with a Completely New outlook and fresh start! I am tall 5'11" with a large frame & some back problems that I obtained from running, so I'm always looking for those that can identify with those obstacles, but REALLY, I'd love to motivate and be accountable with any friendly people!

Oh, yeah- and I do the Low-Carb/Keto thing too ;) Seems to be the only thing that truly works with my body.

Replies

• shirleycatt
    shirleycatt Posts: 37 Member
    I can completely identify with your challenges. (except I am short) I have started and stopped more diets than I can count.. Sadly some on the same day! I own every diet book ever made! Luckily my ipad hides them now, so my husband doesnt really see my obsession. I have been trying to get things straight for two weeks now. I am not putting too much pressure on myself! I am one of those 500 mph or nothing gals! Well this time I am just trying to work on one day at a time! That is all I am giving myself!

Let's do this together!
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Im with you.. Im overweight and Ive been running for years.
    Last year I tore my meniscus and had it repaired so running which was what I enjoyed most is not much of an option. More than 3 miles makes my knee hurt my altered stride tends to lead to other things hurting.
    Im moving into classes. I did the elliptical for some time but that has gotten boring.
    Spin class is a great workout. Im going to try Bodypump here shortly but long story short losing the exercise I enjoyed most has been a real hit to my motivation to lose weight.
    Im taking a new outlook that maybe if I do lose the weight (a large amount) my knee will better be able to handle the rigors of running.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    The problem with dieting is.......................well dieting. DON'T take on a diet that you won't continue to do the REST OF YOUR LIFE. Eat in a way you can, that you like and just control the calorie intake. That's how lean people do it and why it just seems lean people can eat whatever they want and not get fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    The problem with dieting is.......................well dieting. DON'T take on a diet that you won't continue to do the REST OF YOUR LIFE. Eat in a way you can, that you like and just control the calorie intake. That's how lean people do it and why it just seems lean people can eat whatever they want and not get fat.

IDEA Fitness member

perfect answer. nothing else needed.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member

IDEA Fitness member

perfect answer. nothing else needed.

agreed. Diets always have an end. Some diets end when people reach a goal, others end when you give up. You have to just make a lifestyle change. One day I just accept that I am one of those people who can gain weight by just seeing food. I will always have to log my food and I will always have to make good choices. It is not about reaching a goal number but being as healthy as you can be. I really recommend making a list of goals that have nothing to do with the number on the scale.