low FODMAP diet?

Options
i have ibs and am considering starting a low FODMAP diet. from what ive read online it looks like it can be pretty helpful with ibs, im just wondering if anyone here has experience with this type of diet while on a weight loss plan. thanks :)

Replies

• fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I follow a very similar diet called LCHF, where i don't eat or reduce the same stuff that is eliminated in a FODMAP diet. One exception is lactose, as I eat full fat cheese as well as use cream in my cooking.

I noticed a HUGE difference in my health, and the terrible stomach issues I used to have went away. It made a significant difference in my digestive system, I feel so much better.

I wish the best of luck to you!
  • 2014kwebb629
    Options
    I have IBS-C and gastroparesis - I was really sick a year and a half ago with severe digestive issues and could barely tolerate liquids. I've worked really hard with nutrition in an attempt to heal. Cutting gluten, dairy, sugar, and coffee was life changing for me. I am almost "back to normal"!
  • ljacenty
    ljacenty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on the Low FODMAP diet for a few months now and it has done WONDERS for my IBS. I highly recommend it to anyone who has IBS, whether it's occasional or constant. The stricter you are, the sooner you will see the results. What is nice about this diet, even if you occasionally eat the foods you are supposed to avoid, it should not derail your whole diet.
  • sagefitnessfanatic
    Options
    So excited to hear about your results with the FODMAP diet. I was just diagnosed with IBS and I will be following the FODMAP diet. Excited for some abdominal relief and in hopes of a flat stomach...with ab definition!