Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Went to be dreaming of a candy bar =(

I CANNOT get chocolate out of my mind. I stick to my new diet plan, but it doesn't stop me from day dreaming of a chocolate world that I can disappear to. My main goals are to kick sugars and carbs to the curb, So I actually feel like I am going to die right now. I used to live on sugar... =(

Replies

• Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    I would never cut out either of those things. I'm still losing weight and in don't have this so called 'feeling like i'm dying' thing.

I just eat some chocolate. And probably still daydream about it :)
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    If you must have chocolate make it dark chocolate. It's not good to totally cut it out of your diet. I have to have something sweet every day or I'm a huge *****. lol. You can have anything in moderation.
  • TheVeganPolice
    TheVeganPolice Posts: 5 Member
    If you used to live on it you're probably suffering some withdrawals. Maybe you can work a sweet substitute into your diet to curb your cravings? When I want chocolate I make a hot chocolate with almond or soya milk - very low-cal but still tastes creamy and chocolate-y. Also worth keeping in mind that the chocolate itself isn't bad - it's all the fat and sugar. If you can have dark chocolate or something instead you'll be fine. Don't set yourself up for failure!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Are you planning on never having chocolate again? You have to learn to eat a reasonable way. If it means having a candy bar once in a while, by all means, eat one.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Have a small piece of really good quality dark chocolate. If you don't it may spur a binge on cheap milk chocolate or left over Christmas candy. I could never give up chocolate completely. If you are cutting refined sugar buy a good unsweetened powder and mix in a smoothie with some fruit for sweetness.