Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fitbit or Whitings wi-fi scale

Hi,
I am considering to buy one or another one... Anyone has some positive or negative things to say about these scales?

Replies

• michele_lynn
    michele_lynn Posts: 66 Member
    bump.. I have the same question!!
  • bsalvato
    bsalvato Posts: 63 Member
    I love my Aria, especially since I have a fitbit as well. I love that I can just step on it and it automatically uploads into MFP. Keeps me accountable.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    I got the Fitbit scale because I already had a Fitbit One. I think either would be fine.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    I am torn between the two as well.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    I have the fitbit scale. The bodyfat reading is surprisingly close to my calipers.
    I'm happy with it.
  • I have an Fitbit Aria, which I love. It syncs perfectly with MFP and my Fitbit dashboard. I have 4 users on my scale and it detects each person perfectly. If two people are within 8 lbs of each other, you do need to select the correct user. With an account on Fitbit, others cannot see the weight unless you want them too. However, the admin can see guest weights and can assign them or reassign weights that were incorrectly attributed.
  • I have a fitbit AND the scale. I loved both. Still love the fitbit one. The fitbit website and myfitnesspal work well together and help me to stay on track. I have used it while walking and running and biking and wear it all day every day. It is reasonably accurate when I check it against runkeeper on longer walks and runs but the runkeeper is more effective as a running tool. The reporting is nice for accountability.

The scale is also awesome when it works. The automatic sync is really nice. It stopped weighing me in November 2013 (June 2013 purchase). I need to return it as it is under warranty. I cannot say one way or another if I have a lemon or it is a common issue.
  • nancysnyder587
    nancysnyder587 Posts: 1 Member
    I have invested, and yes I say Invested in the Withings body scale analyzer and blood pressure cup! I love both of them, and they work with my Iphone 4S. I have no issues with the blood pressure cup working and doing what I think it should. I have concerns on my end on using the scale, thinking its on my end and not the scale, operator issue. I have emailed the company for some help to figure out what I may be doing incorrectly, will see what response I receive from them. I have no doubt with a little help, this will also work Great!!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    I have the Withings scale and Withings Pulse. I like them a lot. The scale has issues connecting to my internet so I just use the bluetooth which works just as well imo.

I started off at 6000 steps a day and now I'm doing between 10 and 12,000, so it is a good motivator so far.
  • bsalvato
    bsalvato Posts: 63 Member
    I have a fitbit AND the scale. I loved both. Still love the fitbit one. The fitbit website and myfitnesspal work well together and help me to stay on track. I have used it while walking and running and biking and wear it all day every day. It is reasonably accurate when I check it against runkeeper on longer walks and runs but the runkeeper is more effective as a running tool. The reporting is nice for accountability.

The scale is also awesome when it works. The automatic sync is really nice. It stopped weighing me in November 2013 (June 2013 purchase). I need to return it as it is under warranty. I cannot say one way or another if I have a lemon or it is a common issue.

I've had mine over a year so probably an isolated issue.
  • Annadriel
    Annadriel Posts: 27 Member
    Tnx all for your kind answers... I am going to buy... Ummm... Now I am even more unsure hahaha... Leaning more towards whitings ...
  • I have a Fitbit Flex and the Withings scale...while I can't do a comparison of the two scales, I can say that my Withings syncs perfectly with my Fitbit, and does everything that other users are saying their Fitbit scale does...as an added bonus, the Withings seems to be cheaper (at least it was at the Target in my area a few weeks ago) and if the sale is still going on and is the same in all of their stores, the Withings is not only on sale right now, but Target is also offering a $25 gift card for the purchase one.

Hope that helps :)
  • Just yesterday I got the Withings WS-50 Smart Body Analyzer, Smart Blood Pressure Monitor, and Pulse. They were easy to set up and link to our iPhones. Due to privacy desires with weight, we ended up with three totally separate accounts for the scale vs one account with three family members. This has worked out fine.

I've linked the data to MFP, Withings HealthMate, and RunKeeper web sites and apps and those have worked without a hitch, too.

I hope that helps,
    Slo