PB2

Options
Do any of you use these powdered peanut butter products? How do you like them?

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I really like it. It has a bit different taste than regular peanut butter but for 45 calories a serving and 5g protein, 2 fiber, 3 fat I ♥ it. I've almost gone through a jar though in less than a week. .. lol. I want to try the chocolate pb2 next!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I've used PB2 and I like it, though it's not exactly like peanut butter. I tend to use it more as a flavoring for various things (Greek yogurt, ice cream, smoothies, overnight oats, etc) rather than as a direct peanut butter substitute, though.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    It's amazing! I use it in smoothies, for baking, and dressings.
  • amina_a10
    amina_a10 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love it. Both the chocolate and plain are pretty good, but I prefer the chocolate one. I put it in protein shakes, I bake with it, flavor yogurt with it (pb2, plain greek yogurt and frozen berries is delicious), and lately I have been adding a little water to it and eating it with apples/veggies (celery/carrots). I've also heard it's yummy baked into brownies!
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I find I have to add a little salt or truvia to the plain PB2 if I'm eating it solo, but it's great mixed into things as others have said, and for baking! Love it! :)
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    PB2 is fantastic. It is really expensive though, you should investigate peanut flour.
    Just add a bit of salt and/or cocoa powder and you have PB2 at a fraction of the price!

I got "Protein Plus Peanut Flour" from iherb.com, but I bet they sell it at whole foods, fresh market, etc.
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It is a staple in my diet. I love peanut butter and this helps me to enjoy but not feel like I am blowing my day by having a tablespoon of calories.

I also use PB2 in protein drinks and it adds excellent flavor for little calories!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I guess I'd like to try it. Trying to figure out the best place to order it from. No local dealers here!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I've tried it in a smoothie, and it was good. But when I add peanut butter to a smoothie, I often do it specifically to add fat to my day, so I'm not sure how much I'll use it.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    PB2 is fantastic. It is really expensive though, you should investigate peanut flour.
    Just add a bit of salt and/or cocoa powder and you have PB2 at a fraction of the price!

I got "Protein Plus Peanut Flour" from iherb.com, but I bet they sell it at whole foods, fresh market, etc.

Really? I got a 2 pack of PB2 from Amazon for like $7.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    I've never used it but the thought of a powdered PB makes me shudder.

Go real or go home!
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it in my chocolate protein shakes or use it for baking. I have made the spread with it and it's good too.
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Walmart carries it in the peanut butter isle next to the other nut butters
  • crystal2point0
    crystal2point0 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    As others have said it doesn't exactly taste like "regular" peanut butters so i quickly abandoned trying to eat it on toast BUT it does make for a great flavor additive when cooking. We use it most often when making homemade stirfry's and we want to add a Thai peanut flavor to the sauce without all the extra cals and sugars.
  • climbing_trees
    Options

Really? I got a 2 pack of PB2 from Amazon for like $7.
    A 32oz pack of peanut flour is $11. Orders over $20 get free shipping so I bought two packs.
    Paid about $23 for 64oz of peanut flour.

PB2 is 6.5oz per jar. When I bought that, the cheapest I could find (I think it was a 4pack) came out to about $5 per jar.
    $5 for 6.5 oz.

At the time, I was going through an obscene amount of it so I figured it was worth buying in bulk. :) I've since slowed down on my peanut flour eating and I have SO MUCH. Doesn't really go bad so I'm set for the next year or so lol
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    The regular is ok but the chocolate is awesome :) I eats all the chocolate PB2 :)
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love it! Made a pb2 and jelly sandwich and I couldn't tell the difference. I also make it a little thinner and use it as a dip for apples. YUMMY!

so peanut flour is all that PB2 is?
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yes and I do like them. I use it in my smoothie. Like drinking a Peanut Butter Cup.
  • climbing_trees
    Options
    so peanut flour is all that PB2 is?
    99% correct. PB2 also adds a bit of salt. Chocolate PB2 also adds cocoa powder.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I think I'll check into the peanut flour idea.