Essential Oils for Weight Loss

Options
2»

Replies

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My coworker sells the Young Living brand essential oils and keeps telling me how if I rub the grapefruit extract on my stomach I'll lose fat.
    And how if my boss gave her son (who has auto immune disorders and liver issues as well as crohn's and a myriad of other things) a combo of three of them every day he wouldn't need the blood transfusion his dr recommended.

I think it's crazy. Placebo effect, nothing to do with weight loss (or health in general for that matter). At least the ones she sells and the reasons behind them.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Use Extra Virgin CO for frying my protein or when i have a BPC which is rare.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    My coworker sells the Young Living brand essential oils and keeps telling me how if I rub the grapefruit extract on my stomach I'll lose fat.
    And how if my boss gave her son (who has auto immune disorders and liver issues as well as crohn's and a myriad of other things) a combo of three of them every day he wouldn't need the blood transfusion his dr recommended.

I think it's crazy. Placebo effect, nothing to do with weight loss (or health in general for that matter). At least the ones she sells and the reasons behind them.
    modern witchcraft
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Something I'm curious about, why have I seen mostly women looking at "essential oils" as anything other than a novelty?

Pretty much. It's the latest mom-science fad. They do anything from cure diabetes to making your crapper smell like fresh linen.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Of course not - I think people who sell this for weight loss should be totally ashamed of themselves. However, pampering yourself in positive ways, such as a hot bubble bath or using essential oils, helps you get away from food as the only way to "treat" yourself. Of course, any old inexpensive essential oils will do and you don't have to buy into a "special" blended brand. Oils can be lift your spirits, be calming, sexual, etc. but a substitute for hard work in the gym and cutting back on calories they aren't.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Something I'm curious about, why have I seen mostly women looking at "essential oils" as anything other than a novelty?

Pretty much. It's the latest mom-science fad. They do anything from cure diabetes to making your crapper smell like fresh linen.
    Soccer moms. Where would science be without them...
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    its-magic-shia-labeouf-gif.gif
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »

Soccer moms. Where would science be without them...
    Putting the finishing touches on a Mars base, I'd surmise.