Midwestern 28 yo.

jlewis1981
jlewis1981 Posts: 27
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone!
So, I'm a 28 year old, Food Safety District Manager from Missouri and am on the road quite a bit as I cover 8 states of workers. On October 2, I will be getting married down in Austin. My goal is to drop 10 before the 2nd and a total of 35 before the end of the year.

It sounds like big numbers and I am hoping to do this. I know that I have to stop eating so much fast food aka McDonalds, but it's so easy when I am out in the middle of nowhere! Ugh.. But here we go! 10 lbs... 34 days to do it! :)

Replies

• nbingham
    nbingham Posts: 102 Member
    You CAN do it! Once you give up the McDonalds you'll feel better. That stuff is just no good for anyone. Maybe you could bring a small cooler in your car / truck with a healthy lunch and snacks?
  • flexmaster33
    flexmaster33 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in a similar boat size-wise I think...joined my wife's biggest loser group with the goal of dropping 36 pounds in the 12-week program...seemed like a tough task at the start, but I wanted to be at my target weight by the end of one time through.

It's taken some hard work, but it's definitely doable. I'm running 5-6 days a week and logging on here helps a ton. Like you I'm on the road a lot and working late-shift hours (I'm a Sports Editor), so the fast-food dinners have been a downfall in the past...I've found it helpful to find easy meals to pack with (healthier options), even if it means paying a bit more to make it happen.

Anyway, good luck with your goal.

David
This discussion has been closed.