Are McDonalds employees trying to sabotage me diet?!?!?!

Options
I have tried the McDonalds sugar-free vanilla, non-fat milk iced lattes, 3 times. A small is only 40 calories!! But these taste like no other skinny latte I have had before- they are rich and sweet with no aftertaste of artificial sweetners. Has anyone else had one and found it to be really good? I keep thinking that the kids at McDonalds are making it wrong, and using whole milk and regular vanilla flavoring instead of sugar free :( I have stopped going there just due to uncertainty

Replies

• angela75022
    angela75022 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Do you watch them make it?? Or at least ask?? I would... and talk to their manager, ask him/her to see the packaging for these products... my local fast food places HATE to see me coming... I ask for nutritional info, things on the side, no added salt, etc, etc... they don't like it, but if they want a sale, they do it... if they won't, they don't need your business anyway... if you HAVE TO do fast food, you can still make good choices. (((hugs)))
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    GAH! You sound just like me. When I ask for diet coke I always make my husband have a sip to make sure it's diet because I don't trust those fast-foodies. I sometimes think that the employees are on auto-pilot when someone orders their food and just don't aknowledge what you're asking just because it's not the norm. I went to a local asian fast-food place three times and every time I asked for twice the veggies and no rice and THREE times, they gave me just single-veggies and rice despite my reciept clearly saying I ordered only veggies. I stopped going there al-together. I believe that if it tastes to good to be that good w/ no fat or extra calories, there's probably a catch or they're just messing with you...

But hey, that might just be my paranoia. lol.
  • mizyvee
    mizyvee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I ask them every time if they really made it skinny because it is so good lol
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    Now that I'm a fatty sometimes I tell lies. I tell them I'm allergic to sugar products.

Works like a charm
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    Maybe, maybe not. Depends a lot of the character of the employees. My son worked for McDonald's at one time and he thinks if you are gotting a regular instead of a diet menu item, it was just a human error and not a deliberate act. I got an email once about secrets restaurants don't want you to know. So I did a google search for different kinds of fast food secrets. This article would seem to draw attention more to the artificial ingredients than anything else. http://www.askmen.com/sports/foodcourt_100/145_eating_well.html