Dizzy with Insanity

Options
I need help with Insanity. I have only ever done the fit test but it makes me really dizzy and I need to take a break after each exercise. I am hardly out of breath or sweaty but I just can't do it without feeling like I'm going to faint. I have tried drinking loads before hand, and I ate a banana mid workout today, which seemed to help a bit but I still felt dizzy.
I don't feel dizzy doing the 30 day shred or tae bo so should I stick to that? I am not a massive fan of 30ds (I find it repetitive, too jumpy and if you actually look at Jillian she has awful form and doesn't do it properly but that's another issue) but I can do it fine.
Have you got any advice? I do want to exercise harder, but I don't want to faint or vomit. Or are there any in between videos?

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    What are you eating the rest of the day and how long before you do your workout do you eat?

It could very well be that you'll have to work up to Insanity, it's an extreme workout for a reason after all!

Feel free to friend me, I've done Insanity before and helped others through it as well!
  • gracelowe60
    Options
    Im doing Insanity at the moment got to day 4. I get dizzy when I have to lean over and stand back up quickly dont know if it is something like that. However I would also agree it might be that you need to eat something before and allow it to digest before starting the workout
  • shkorich
    Options
    I would recommend maybe switching to some lighter workout regimen depending on your shape because Insanity is pretty hard workout and it's really easy to overtrain even if you're in a decent shape.

But on the other hand you shouldn't be feeling dizzy. I was feeling dizzy when I was consuming too little calories in general. You need to eat enough to be able to go through those hard exercises, so maybe that's the problem. How much calories are you taking?
  • Laquincy
    Laquincy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Insanity is very intense stuff. I'm in pretty good shape and they first day I almsot puked. If your feeling dizzy it's maybe do to your current fitness level and jumping to insanity like i said which is tough stuff.

I would take it VERY slow do what YOU can don't try to keep up with the people on the video. Go at YOUR pace. Shaun T mentions this a lot. Also I do't like drinking or eating anyhting within a hr of working out. Becuase as you working out your body is trying to provide oxygen to muscles which requires blood to be flowing. BUT if you right before or during, your body will be busy trying to digest that food which takes away blood from the muscles and focuses it in the adomen or digestion. Less blood = less oxygen= fatigue faster.

Just take it slow you'll get better trust me I was prettyy bad but by the end I was a beast lol. Also, consult your doctor and maybe start with something a little lighter.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Watch your iron level as well. If you're anemic, it'll be much harder to complete the work outs! As a woman, it's something you should keep an eye on. Make sure you're eating enough, have enough B vitamins and iron, and are drinking enough water! Otherwise, just listen to your body and try to take it slow while still pushing yourself a bit. Insanity is, well... insane.
  • mlauraa
    mlauraa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Drink lot and Lots and LOTS of WATER! i had the same problem when i first did insanity.
  • kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I tried the Plyometric Circuit today and it was fine (well hard but I wasn't dizzy lol). I made sure I drunk a large glass and ate a banana about 40 mins before the workout. I wasn't dizzy at all, just tired. I think it is because the fit test is very repetitive in the steps, with the circuit if anything is making you dizzy it doesn't last too long.
    Plus most of the steps for the fit test either lean over into a quick jump, or low to high quickly, whereas the first circuit has a lot more running/jumping on the spot. I'll have to see what the next one is like but I am not going to push myself if it makes me dizzy. I found I sweated more with tae bo but my muscles were more tired with Insanity.