Sabotaged by a good deed! HELP!!!

Options
Today, I donated blood which is a good deed that I try to do every 56 days. They gave me some crackers, water and a chocolate wafer bar. Did the calories I burned during the donation cancel out the snacks or is today a total waste so I should gorge myself on everything in sight? Help!!

Replies

• ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should ever use something as an excuse to gorge. Eat as you normally would the rest of the day and know that your calorie count is going to be a little bogus. Also, thanks for the donation, I'm sure someone out there is extrememly grateful for it.
  • Getawayfromthecake
    Getawayfromthecake Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    uhh.....whutt?

seriously though! I'm sure those little snacks won't affect you.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    IN for gorging oneself after one little tiny thing goes wrong with my cal goals. If chocolate wafers are wrong, I don't wanna be right!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    i think you'll survive :)
  • Smeltzer2
    Smeltzer2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Just jeel on doing your regular food plan as though it never happened. That was a medical bump you do not have to keep it rolling.
  • overshadows
    overshadows Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If you are concerned - look up how many calories it burns for your body to create all that new blood. You need to take care of yourself after giving blood, so listen to your body and don't sweat it too much. To get energy ad sugars, maybe stick with fruit and juice, or healthy grains instead of eating a cookie or crackers.
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count anything as calories burned unless you made the donation on a treadmill ... log what you ate and move on
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count anything as calories burned unless you made the donation on a treadmill ... log what you ate and move on

This.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I think when you give blood you're supposed to fast for 3 days after . . . no?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Today, I donated blood which is a good deed that I try to do every 56 days. They gave me some crackers, water and a chocolate wafer bar. Did the calories I burned during the donation cancel out the snacks or is today a total waste so I should gorge myself on everything in sight? Help!!
    Please tell me you're not serious. This is silly.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I got a nerve punctured wile giving blood and stopped bench pressing for 2 years.
    I think the crackers are a better deal.

Also you have to replenish plasma and blood, that will take calories.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    well played OP!!!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Wait, donating blood burns calories?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    drink a pint of baby's blood to replenish the blood lost. it's also 0 calories. i mean if some crackers and a chocolate wafrer is enough to send your calorie goal into a tail spin, then you must be eating closer to the "living off air and sunshine" calorie spectrum
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should ever use something as an excuse to gorge. Eat as you normally would the rest of the day and know that your calorie count is going to be a little bogus. Also, thanks for the donation, I'm sure someone out there is extrememly grateful for it.

I'm assuming the OP is actually serious and not trolling. If serious, then this. Thanks for the donation, and log what you ate and move on. I'm pretty sure the crackers aren't going to hurt you :wink: If trolling ... eh. Go eat some crackers and donate some blood :bigsmile:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Wait, donating blood burns calories?

not directly. replenishing your blood lost does.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Donating blood is instant weightloss so a small indulgence can be your celebration on losing weight.
  • journey_man
    journey_man Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I think when you give blood you're supposed to fast for 3 days after . . . no?

Yikes. NO. Quite the opposite, you're supposed to eat well that very same day to replenish your blood. Also, avoid strenuous exercise that day.
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Donating blood is instant weightloss so a small indulgence can be your celebration on losing weight.

Yah, but just water weight so it doesn't count :happy:

That-Is-Not-Funny-Austin-Powers.gif

:frown:
  • Homemaker57
    Homemaker57 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It's not good days vs bad days. It's good choices vs bad choices, that affect you weight and fitness. If you ate 500 calories too many, you're going to end up needing to get rid of 500 calories (exercise, eating at a deficit). If you decide the day is a bad day so you might as well gorge and you eat 3,500 calories too many, you're going to get rid of 3,500 calories.

One boo-boo NEVER means you "might as well" make bad choices. The answer is always making good choices. That's why they're called good choices. :)