Lunch ideas

Options
kjarvo
kjarvo Posts: 235 Member
I don't know what to eat for my dinner (lunch lol). Previously I would eat a sandwich for my lunch and probably pasta for my tea (dinner). But I am a student and we don't have a microwave in uni, so I would have to eat chicken, pasta etc cold and no soup. Most of the ideas on here require heating it up. Soup would be ideal but there is no microwave :( we only have hot water.
What do you suggest for my lunch? (Breakfast is probably cereal or toast)

Replies

• Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    i just had a green salad with left over ground turkey on it.

i also often eat cold elft over grilled chicken

tuna

fruit/ nuts/ cracker type "snack lunch"

hot soup in a thermos might work

low cal sandwich if you wanted, or a wrap type thing
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Salad with lettuce and spinach and maybe some fresh veggies or fruits? If you want something warm, buy a thermos to store it in for your soups. Thermal lunch bags can keep anything hot or cold.
  • FitFLNana
    FitFLNana Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Big salad with deli turkey, tuna salad and crackers, apple with peanut butter, lots of options. What about greek yogurt with blueberries and granola for breakfast?
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I'm all for buying prepacked salad bags with different types of greens and then adding chicken etc to it.

my current favourite though are rice cakes with avo or differnt toppings mmm!

not ideal, but if you do have hot water, try the better/healthier instant soups?
  • TaurusV
    TaurusV Posts: 66
    Options
    I put a little avocado smashed like a pate, garlic, lime juice and I take a can of tuna to pop open and spread over a fajita like this
    chicken-fajita.jpg
    Sometimes I make just sandwich with lots of things inside to taste like lunch.

Or can you afford a portable small one spot electric stove of food like this? 416R79ojClL.jpg413dDhJmKsL.jpg

Is 20 dollars on amazon and is electric and portable, you can at least heat soup or boil egg if you stay whole day at university and has a place to put the small portable thing.
  • kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your ideas. I've been looking into some thermos flasks. You can get some that will last 2,8 or 24 hours. I think that would be good for soups. Hot food does make a difference on a cold, miserable day. That wrap looks nice. I'm not sure we would be allowed a cooker like that, especially as everything is 'supposed' to be PAT tested :s but they probably wont allow it for health and safety (even though you have cookers in student halls).
    I should just eat some cold leftovers and put up with it. Apple in a salad sounds nice too. Thanks everyone.