Options

Replies

• darlingdeardc
    Options
    Wow, way to go!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Every week, someone on MFP really makes my day/week/month. Guess it was your turn! Haha. Thanks man, and congratulations. I wanna be like you when I grow up. :wink:
  • Peanutless
    Peanutless Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You have a great smile and it got wider as you became smaller Bravo.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Love it! Good job and keep up the EASY work!
  • CaptainHNNNGGG
    CaptainHNNNGGG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Nice job man. Incredible.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congrats!
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great story and outline of your process. You look great at 260 lbs and yet according to the BMI chart would still be considered obese. Yet, you look anything but obese! My hat is off to you, sir!
  • melissayoungblood
    melissayoungblood Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! This is great! Congrats to you and your wife both.
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You rock! :drinker:
    Congratulations sticking to a moderate life style and seeing success. That is why I like to hear! It can be done slowly, incrementally and with great drive. You made it work and your family is contribution to your success. Thank you for sharing!
  • fe_nyx
    fe_nyx Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I think this would be one of my favourite posts I have read on here. Why? Because you are honest and realistic. You haven't compromised on anything. You (and your wife) are proof that "dieting" doesn't need to be all lettuce leaves and fresh air - you can still eat a normal diet, but everything in moderation. Well done to both of you, awesome :)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    see. but you are an inspiration. great job.
  • nikibean123
    nikibean123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You both look so happy and healthy now! Well done, you really ARE an inspiration :happy:
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Ed is a great friend of mine.too...would love to talk to you some...
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You have done fantastic, kudos! You look so nice and awesome in your first pix, and while yes, it's obvious you are overweight, what shines through is that you're probably a pretty rockin' person. Now, that still shines through (obviously) with a nice side helping of "damn, look what he's done!". You and your wife are both doing awesome, thanks for the inspiration!
  • Manda_1986
    Manda_1986 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Love stories like this :). You and your wife look fantastic! Keep up the great work.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    You look great! Way to go!
  • Roger_Vaughn
    Roger_Vaughn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you both. You are looking Great.
  • Andrea0971
    Options
    Awesome!!

People keep asking me "what are you doing"? and I never have a good concrete answer. "Eat less and move more" just seems so uninteresting. Your philosophy is very similar to mine. I've approached the idea of goals the same way, but I was never able to put it into words like you did. But it is exactly what's going on in my head .

My mindset has been that I won't make myself crazy trying to manage my weight. When you have a LOT to lose, you can't go at it with a "buckle down and get it done" mentality. It's a marathon and you just have to tackle it at a pace you can live with. I took a break from Thanksgiving to New Year's with exactly that notion in mind, but just tried to eat as normal as possible and keep up my exercise. I needed the mental break from tracking and I knew I'd go bonkers trying to monitor everything I ate through all the holiday activities or skipping things trying to "be good". End result: My weight is the same today as it was the week before Thanksgiving and I'm absolutely fine with that. In the context of a lifetime, enjoying the holidays is more important than trying to lose a couple pounds in December instead of January.

To the OP -- keep up the good work!
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!

People keep asking me "what are you doing"? and I never have a good concrete answer. "Eat less and move more" just seems so uninteresting. Your philosophy is very similar to mine. I've approached the idea of goals the same way, but I was never able to put it into words like you did. But it is exactly what's going on in my head .

My mindset has been that I won't make myself crazy trying to manage my weight. When you have a LOT to lose, you can't go at it with a "buckle down and get it done" mentality. It's a marathon and you just have to tackle it at a pace you can live with. I took a break from Thanksgiving to New Year's with exactly that notion in mind, but just tried to eat as normal as possible and keep up my exercise. I needed the mental break from tracking and I knew I'd go bonkers trying to monitor everything I ate through all the holiday activities or skipping things trying to "be good". End result: My weight is the same today as it was the week before Thanksgiving and I'm absolutely fine with that. In the context of a lifetime, enjoying the holidays is more important than trying to lose a couple pounds in December instead of January.

To the OP -- keep up the good work!

I love your mindset too!! That's exactly my point... that this entire thing is a marathon and it's going to take me years to undo... once I figured THAT out, everything changed. Logging got easier, eating got easier and I didn't stress anymore when we went to someone's house for dinner or a bbq. It was YEARS of substantial food abuse to get me to 350... and one meal or even one weekend is going to undo all my hard work. THAT'S been a valuable lesson.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and continued inspiration. My wife and I are really looking forward to what this next year brings for us and our weight loss journey. Cheers to you and good luck on YOUR continued success!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!