30 this year, looking to trim down and tone up

Hello everyone,
I'll be turning the big 3-0 this year and eager to be in great shape for it (June)! Losing LBS have never been a good motivator for me as I usually gain back most of it in muscle when I am fit. I am about 150 right now and and have a goal of a fit and firm 140! For me that would be ideal! It's not a lot of lbs, but it would make a positive change in how I look and feel.
I LOVE to cook, and I am quite good at it. I cook healthy (lots and lots of veggies, lean meats, and fish) but my downfall is portions. Yes, it's that good! I usually over eat :( I've also been seriously slacking on exercise. My daily goals are to eat even more fruits and veggies and fewer carbs; to take a 15-30 minute walk EVERY day at lunch time; take a walk or do yoga in the evenings; and to eat a little less at dinner time.
I like MFP because it helps me really keep track of how much I am eating at dinner. And it's helping me to eat more through out the day so I am not starving come 6pm.

Any other tips or suggestions to reach my goal?
Anyone else on the horizon of the Dirty Thirty??

:)

A*

Replies

• LChlebus
    LChlebus Posts: 6 Member
    I hit the dirty thirty in October! I find it's much harder to even lose a few pounds now that I'm not 23 anymore.. lol
  • Right? Like I actually have to try. Haha. Mentally willing myself doesn't seem to be as effective ;)
  • ifaber
    ifaber Posts: 195 Member
    I'm turning the dirty thirty in june as well!!! Trying to bust my 30s wide open with a bangin body too!
  • 30 in November and DETERMINED to make a serious life change by then!!! Would love for 30 to be MY year ;)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    calorie deficit and heavy lifting. done.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    I'll be 28 soon so I'm a couple of years off, but it sounds like you have a good plan to get you to your goal!

Currently I'm 142.4 lbs on my way to 130. I'm hoping to be anywhere between 120 - 130 lbs by the time I'm 30 so I can maintain my weight in that range. I've lost 10 lbs a year for the last couple of years so I'm confident I can do it if I just stick to it!
  • MrsCurvyFab
    MrsCurvyFab Posts: 46 Member
    im here for my fab 30 as well! 44 weeks to go lol November
  • Another one heading for the big 3-0 in June!

Currently at 160lbs and aiming for 140lbs by June!
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    calorie deficit and heavy lifting. done.

He's right.

+1
  • JennArlen
    JennArlen Posts: 32 Member
    Im turning the dirty 3-0 this year too (September!) I was pregnant most of my 20's (i had one at 20, 23, 24, and 25) then I had a back surgery (2011), heart surgery (2012) and another back surgery (2013) so I havent had "ME" time. Im finally feeling well enough to tackle this weight thing! I started at 176 and my goal is 120 before I turn 30!