Pinpointing cause of recent weight gain?

Options
I can't figure out why I had been maintaining fine for four months and in the last 6 weeks I've noticed my pants are fitting tighter and I definitely gained around 5 pounds. (probably more I just try not to weigh myself and instead base it off of how my clothes fit) I know that it's not just water weight fluctuation because I tried on my favorite running shorts and they are way to small. I can't figure out the cause and I've narrowed it down to
a. not running as much because it's dark when I get off . I just work out inside and do cardio and strength training
b. my dr. put me on blood pressure meds because mine was scarily high. I'm on Micardis- anyone know if this causes weight gain?
c. I also had to switch my birth control because of my blood pressure and my doc gave me an iud- Skyla. It's like Mirena which I've read can cause weight gain but I don't see anything about Skyla.

I don't know what's going on, I really haven't changed too much as far as diet and exercise and my clothes are tight!! I hate this

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    You don't need to pinpoint the cause to find a good solution.

If you were logging prior to this or have a good estimate of your daily cals you can do a TDEE calculation and figure out what to do next. :flowerforyou:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Here is the pinpointing as I see it:

Points 1, 2, and 3.

And that you haven't "changed too much as far diet and exercise."

Get back to your regular exercise routine and tracking what you're eating and it will all be good.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Christmas might also have contributed.