T25 vs Insanity

Options
I've been looking at T25 and Insanity. Anyone done both and have a preference? I like the idea of a 25 minute workout since my schedule doesn't allow much more than 45-60 minutes at most.

Replies

• coachpryor
    Options
    most people qui insanity on month two because the max workouts are 90 minutes and its just to much for some.
    go with t25 and you will stick with it
  • frugalfitmom
    Options
    I've done Insanity twice and there is not a 90 minute workout in the program. The "max" workouts in Insanity are 45-55 minutes, the workouts in the first half are 30-40 minutes, give or take 5 minutes.

That being said, I have done T25 as well. I did a blog post comparing the two, but since I'm not sure I can post a link, I'll copy and paste it for you. :)

"I have had SO many people ask if Focus T25 is like Insanity. To that, I say apples and oranges. Insanity may be a challenge to a beginner because there are no modifications shown for the moves in this higher impact workout and you either have to figure out how to modify or skip the move. The workouts are 30-40 minutes in the first month and 45-55 minutes in the second month with the "Max" workouts. Insanity is 6 days a week, 63 days total.

Focus T25 brings a different game to the field. The intensity of Insanity is there (trust me) but it is more focused on each body part. T25 also has Tania performing low impact but still high intensity modifications for all of the moves so if you need them, they are there. T25 is 25 minutes, 5 days a week, broken down into two phases (Alpha and Beta) which are 5 weeks each. There is also the optional 4 week Gamma phase, which is focused on strength training with the use of dumbbells or the resistance band (band included.) Insanity does not offer strength training outside of the use of your own body weight.

If Insanity has caught your eye but you've been hesitant to pull the trigger because you think it would be too tough, Focus T25 would be a perfect fit for you. If you are already in pretty good shape, T25 would also challenge you. Those focused 25 minutes leave me just as sore and sweaty as Insanity ever did."

I can't say I preferred one over the other because they are really different. Insanity gave me more "shocking" results but T25 was great too.

Hope this helps!
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    If 25 minutes is all you have then go for T25. Month 1 workouts are about 40 min. and month 2 are about an hour long. It was hard for me to complete month 2 due to the longer workouts, but it can be done, and they are really good workouts. I was pleased by the results I had after month 2.

You should check out YouTube to get a feel for how the workouts are, and whether either option fits with what you are looking for.