Hey, 1200 calorie-ers!

Options
124»

Replies

• jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Absolutely BAFFLED why someone would throw away or not eat an egg yolk. Eggs may just be natures perfect food. And the egg yolks have so many benefits. And maybe the best one is that fat and protein fill you help and satiate your hunger. I think eliminating them (and adding cheese - holy bone head) is so self defeating. Eat your yolks! Feed your brain!

BTW: my breakfast is just around 225 calories each day - and it is a whole egg, cheese, ham, and bread. It can be done.
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Two whole eggs, spinach, and mushrooms. With some Cholula Chili Garlic hot sauce. Yum!
  • madmachine67
    Options
    2 whole eggs with a little graded parmesan cheese.
  • FatSkillet66
    Options
    2 egg whites. I try to stay away from cheese. I like veg / peppers, but sometimes I'll throw in a couple of slices of premium deli ham! Never thought I'd see the day when I chunk the yolk!
  • kamyers1289
    kamyers1289 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I eat whites during the week. 2 servings from the container, with a little bit of cheese thrown in, half a bagel with a small shmear of butter or cream cheese, and some fruit (clementine, or some berries, or whatever is actually in my house). Coffee coffee coffee and I'm off for the day. Keeps me full. Not a 1200 calorie diet either.

Weekends, I usually eat two whole eggs with the mother of all breakfast foods (bacon) and some wheat or rye toast. And more coffee coffee coffee.

I love coffee.

:)

OH, and the reason I eat whites during the week is because I work at a convenience store where one of the only ~healthy~ dinners is like, 2 hard boiled eggs and a packet of oatmeal. So I don't want to eat tooooo many eggs.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I do 4 egg whites, 1/8 cheese of mozzarella and onions and mushrooms, but I have 1260 calories.

Throwing away egg yolk and adding cheese :sad:
    \
    BAHAHA! WHY!!!!!
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    2 whole eggs with a little graded Parmesan cheese.

^ This! Seriously, two whole eggs is just fine. Throw in some spinach or other veggies of choice as the others have posted. Perfectly acceptable breakfast, even at that cal level.

On a side note this topic is making me really resent this mug of instant oatmeal in front of me.
  • running_free_1984
    running_free_1984 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    After I had my gall bladder removed I felt a little odd for a month so I switched to having only egg white but I used to mix in a couple of table spoons of 0.2% fat cottage cheese with onion and chives. It was really really tasty with salad. Very healthy.

It didn't last long I use 3 whole eggs, veg and a little cheese (I like to use, Brie, feta, cheddar, whatever is available).
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    egg.gif

Why do I find this cute?