Lettuce wraps

SBecken87
SBecken87 Posts: 48
edited September 21 in Recipes
I take lettuce leaves and add a very small amount mayo add some turkey and put some mister mustard in honey flavor ontop and roll it up. Its really good. I feel like it may need more but I'm poor lol so its enough for me. I'm trying to cut cheese out of my diet!

Replies

• Do you know what the calorie count is on that? Sounds like some avacado and tomatoes would go great with that. Not too expensive either. Let me know and any other low cal food ideas you may have. Thanks!
  • Sounds yummy and the lettuce if very filling. I am trying to void out cheese also. Especially if it's on a sandwich. It doesn't really add that much flavor which makes it a waste of calories. Good luck!
  • sdubec
    sdubec Posts: 3
    That's pretty brilliant using lettuce as a wrap. That sounds tasty and there's a lot of variations on it you could go with.Thanks!
  • Dawn_2013
    Dawn_2013 Posts: 170
    Hi AnthonysMommy :happy:

I was a single mom for 10 years...mostly my choice as I wasn't going 'round 2' unless it was worth it...you know what I mean. I had some very lean days in that time. There are ways to make the dollar stretch that is healthy, but yeah it takes some effort.

Your snack has fat but no carbs. Carbs are not the enemy, they make your brain function. If you replaced the mayo with brown rice, it would sustain you longer and is healthier. And brown rice is cheap like borcht!

Since you have internet, I woudl search sites like recipes.com and prevention.com which have good choices. Also, quinoa is a great protein/grain (liek rice but wway better for you..) and you can virtually do anything with it. You dont need much, and if you live in the USA, it is much cheaper than in canada :smile:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Sounds Low Carb to me.....add some cheese and yup....Low carb. I eat low carb, its cheap, good and well you will lose weight....
  • the calorie count would depend on what kind of turkey you use. But look at my food diary :)

And I thought about trying avocado, altho I've never tried one! I cant get past the fat content, even tho I know its the good kind lol.

As far as brown rice goes---hate it!! I dont mind wheat anything except tortillas and rice lol not a big fan of wheat flour either. Its too dry for me. And I know mayo is bad to add but seeing how I'm just starting out I'm trying to wean myself off of it lol
  • second_1
    second_1 Posts: 45 Member
    we make tacos with lettuce wraps- I dont care much for tortillas and its much healthier and tastes better.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Jimmy Johns will do the same thing for their sandwiches, which they call the unwich. It cuts out half of the calories for a sandwich. I think these actually taste better since you're not just tasting a bunch of bread and some extra stuff.
  • Jimmy Johns will do the same thing for their sandwiches, which they call the unwich. It cuts out half of the calories for a sandwich. I think these actually taste better since you're not just tasting a bunch of bread and some extra stuff.

yeah its really good! I like bread tho lol I'm trying not to eat it. I used to eat a ton of sandwiches cause its fast and convienent...this is a much better choice!
This discussion has been closed.