Motivation

audreybeard413
audreybeard413 Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
What are the best ways to find motivation when the weight just isn't coming off? I am definately getting frusterated!!!!

Replies

• Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    For me, my main motivation is the adopted children that will be coming in to my life in the next year and finally being a family. I try and visualise what it will be like to be a thin healthy Mummy as opposed to what I am now. To help me though I got my mother in law to buy me my favourite pair of jeans in a small size that I would have no hope of getting in to just yet but can realistically with exercise....one look at them and I push myself that bit harder!

Thinking of you and hoping you can find some motivation xxx
  • Maggie1960
    Maggie1960 Posts: 322
    Are you logging all your food and drinks? Exercising regularly? Drinking 2 litres of water a day?
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    A trick (not for the faint-hearted) is to get photos taken of you in your underwear, front, side and back. Every time you want to reach for a biscuit, or sleep-in instead of going for a walk, look at the photos - this may be the 'motivation' you're looking for!
  • ndm531
    ndm531 Posts: 33 Member
    A trick (not for the faint-hearted) is to get photos taken of you in your underwear, front, side and back. Every time you want to reach for a biscuit, or sleep-in instead of going for a walk, look at the photos - this may be the 'motivation' you're looking for!

This is a great idea. And then to help your motivation, go to this website: http://www4.weightmirror.com/weightmirror/liftupload.php.

You can download that picture of yourself and visualize yourself at your goal weight. Talk about motivation! Hang in there, the journey is definitely going to be worth the results.

Nicky
This discussion has been closed.