I forgot to eat today, again.

Options
My son had a fever, which made him very clingy in the morning and making breakfast just impossible so I chugged a milk on my way out the door. At work I was constantly checking my pocket afraid I would get a text about how he needed to go to the doctor and I stressed my way through my breaks and lunches sipping ice water and chain smoking with a friend who was kind enough to let me be a crazy mom at her. By the time I picked him up after work and got home it was time for dinner, I decided to splurge and make my husband surf and turf, since the little guy loves mashed potatoes and asparagus. I did my best to portion out my meal since it was almost all of my calories for the day but I still came out under calories, again.
I don't know why I have such a hard time making eating a priority. When I brought it up to my husband he very discouragingly said "you always have, I don't know why you don't just eat, I've tried to tell you for the past five years"

Anyone else find themselves needing to set an alarm on their phones to get them to eat?

Replies

• rexroars
    rexroars Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I do that sometimes too! Sometimes it's just pure forgetting if I'm particularly active with my business and stress, but sometimes my stress and anxiety actually make me feel nauseous all day and so that's why I don't eat... when I was in school I would lose about 10 lbs every time we had finals because I would get so stressed out and refuse to leave my textbooks haha :(

I'm trying really hard to eat regularly though because I don't want to mess up my metabolism!
  • callmestephanie
    callmestephanie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think that's part of the joys of being a mother x-x

I have a 5mo who nurses constantly and a 4yo at home, between dealing with the two of them it's often I end up binging the end of the day to get my calories in too. >_<