Left over calories...

Options
543 calories left at the end of the day. I don't know if that's good or bad. I feel good but I want to do it the right way.... do I need to eat more??

Replies

• JJHnIOWA
    Options
    I was under by about that amount today too. I don't think it's a big deal, just try to stick with the goal as close as possible, right? Some days will be more, some less.

Just get as close as you can?

Better than going over by 500 i imagine!
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    It's okay to do occasionally if you're just not hungry. But you should try to get as close to your daily goal as possible every day. Less is not necessarily better when it comes to calories and weight loss. It may just be that you're still getting used to your calorie goal and how to plan your food accordingly.

If you find that you're regularly having trouble reaching your calorie goal, you may want to look into adding more calorie-dense foods to your diet. Things like seeds, nuts/nut butters, avocado, cheese, full-fat dairy, and oils all add plenty of nutritious calories without taking up a lot of space in your stomach. :smile:
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    If you are extra hungry another day this week eat a little more. It'll even out. I average calories by the week instead of day for this reason.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    5 tablespoons of peanut butter ought to take care of that problem
  • simonc14
    simonc14 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I don't worry too much about the day to day swings; sometimes under, sometimes over. It's probably better to look at the week.