3 day military diet.

Options
My birthday is in less than 3 weeks away and I want to push myself to loose up to 10lbs. I would like to jump start my weight loss with the 3 day military diet. Has anyone done this before? I'd like to know what you thought about it. Please no negativity. I know most people are against "diets." Like I said, I'm only thinking about doing it to jump start my weight loss.

Replies

• WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    10lbs in 3 weeks is insane. Even if you do get down you won't be able to keep it off. I'd say focus more on body composition than weight. Even then, that's a really small window.
  • keef1972
    keef1972 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it....?
    10lbs in 3 weeks seems a little much, if you ask me.
  • Dtapia89
    Options
    My mom just did this and she lost 9 pounds. Now we have to see what happens after going back to eating normal. She really wants me to try it, but I just don't trust it. I'm pretty sure the weight will come back. I will update you when she weighs in again in 4 days.
  • Vinodiet
    Vinodiet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the 3 day military diet is and I spent 10 years in the USMC. All I remember about the chow hall meals is they were always high quality vegetables, meats and the best salad bars the world has ever known. No pudding, cake or pie that I can recall. Lot's of physical training too. So really, like most of the sensible posts I've seen on this site, the secret (if it's a secret at all) is if you want to lose weight, burn more calories than you consume each day.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    10lbs in 3 weeks is insane. Even if you do get down you won't be able to keep it off. I'd say focus more on body composition than weight. Even then, that's a really small window.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^ not to mention the loose skin......
  • monietrojan
    monietrojan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with that but I know some people who've done the juice diet meaning they drunk nothing but juice for 10 days I think. I'm not sure how much weight they lost but there are some people on here who've had success with straight juicing.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    It's a starvation diet with no nutritional value and has nothing to do with the military...Not sure what else to tell you as you want no negative comments.....
    Enjoy losing a lot of muscle mass, slowing your metabolism and probably binging like crazy within a week...
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hehehe

considering you had a year since your last birthday to get your nutrition together.... why not just fast?

And how come you didn't give yourself more time? I mean, you know when your birthday is coming. It's not like an unplanned or quickly planned social event
  • Linda09189
    Options
    No negativity......clearly you knew you would get that....that's a lot of weight in 3 weeks and totally insane, do it the right way diet and exercise
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-23820-1384189236-7.gif

Temporary changes get you temporary results. And even the temporary results will likely disappoint you as any weight loss isn't going to leave you with the body you're hoping for.
  • buffgirl79
    Options
    I have no idea what the 3 day military diet is...but I sure am glad u asked for no negativity. ..lol :/ you look pretty small already so 10 pounds might be alot...However if u have a fair amount to oose..like I'm looking for around 40 to leave. .I don't think 10 pounds in 3 wks is that 'crazy'. I have been working out and eating right (1200-1500 cals a day) and honestly if I hadn't gone away for a weekend with my Hubs and gained 4 pounds I would've lost 13 by now and it's been just over a month.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    The…what? Nearly eleven years as a military spouse and I don't think I've ever seen any of the active duty soldiers cutting back on food. If anything they're always looking for something to eat. Seriously, there's one behind me right now going through the cabinets.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Tell you this terrible idea isn't negative, it's truth.

If you don't want the truth, fine. Try it.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    The…what? Nearly eleven years as a military spouse and I don't think I've ever seen any of the active duty soldiers cutting back on food. If anything they're always looking for something to eat. Seriously, there's one behind me right now going through the cabinets.

This.

My best friend is career army. He just texted me for looking for dinner and or cupcakes.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Which military eats such a horrible diet?
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Im going to assume by your screenname youre the mommy to some child.

Be a good example for this child.
    Dont do some stupid crash diet thatll lead to yo-yoing. Its not healthy.
  • wmstormvet
    Options
    I'm not sure what the 3 day military diet is and I spent 10 years in the USMC. All I remember about the chow hall meals is they were always high quality vegetables, meats and the best salad bars the world has ever known. No pudding, cake or pie that I can recall. Lot's of physical training too. So really, like most of the sensible posts I've seen on this site, the secret (if it's a secret at all) is if you want to lose weight, burn more calories than you consume each day.

Marine here too. I completely agree! More calories expended than taken in!!
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options

This.

My best friend is career army. He just texted me for looking for dinner and or cupcakes.

Yeah- military wife here and my husband is constantly eating. And any time they go out field and have to live off of rat packs- they all get diarrhea and then stuff themselves when they get back to civilization. It's not by choice or a nice way to dine. I don't know what this diet is but it sounds bunk.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    10lbs in 3 weeks is ALOT.

I think at a max you could lose 6lbs if you work hard at the gym, lower your carbs, up your protein and drink lots of water!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

this...

plus if you starve yourself for 3 weeks, when you eat your nice birthday meal you will feel sick and bloated and put all the weight back on...
This discussion has been closed.