Lost 108 lbs in 8 months

Options

Replies

• w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    WOW! Op, you have done an amazing job! Like the fine print says, 'results not typical', but you certainly have shown what CAN be done with dedication. Keep up the great work and you will reach your goal.
    Don't get discouraged when the weight loss starts slowing down, it always does when you get closer to goal. Just keep eating healthy and exercising and create new habits that will help you maintain your loss for life.

And congrats to you especially for tackling your health now, while you are still young. You may have saved yourself a lifetime of health problems and pain, and extended your life by doing so. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

This. I went from 270 at the end of last January to 182 in early September, and then plateaued there for 4 months. Don't get discouraged if you hit a long plateau. Just resolve to be more stubborn than your body fat, and enjoy your AWESOME results. Great job!
  • ahopefulloser
    ahopefulloser Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I can't reply to each one of you but I'd like to thank you all for the nice compliments. I really appreciate them! I didn't expect this much attention.

As far as the "how", well it's really quite simple. I eat food that I cook at home. I walk as much as I possibly can and I ride my bike up as many hills as I can find. I also sit and relax a lot.

It can be controversial at times and I don't like to push anyone's buttons but the truth is that I eat lots of delicious fatty foods. I eat beef w/ all the fat, lots of butter and coconut oil. I gorge on bacon (just kidding about the gorging, I eat just the right amount to keep myself full) and I drink water pretty much exclusively (aside from my bulletproof coffee). Listen, I'm not here to change your mind about food but if you're interested I'd encourage you to look into the truth about fats (because no, they don't make you fat)

Now, I will accept your friend request and I'll do the best I can to help you if you ask me to.
  • luvmynook
    luvmynook Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    great job............you look amazing!!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look awesome!
  • CrazyCatLadee2
    CrazyCatLadee2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!! Congrats on your weight loss!!!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! You look wonderful, and are inspiring to the rest of us.
  • kballard66
    Options
    Wow, you have done an awesome job and you look fantastic!!! Congratulations!!!
  • cjackson2012
    cjackson2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing results! Congrats
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - AMAZING!!!
  • DinkyDani88
    DinkyDani88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing!!! Well done x
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Just amazing! Keep up the good work hunn!
  • dlbredesen
    dlbredesen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Go you!!!!
  • ahopefulloser
    Options
    WOW! Op, you have done an amazing job! Like the fine print says, 'results not typical', but you certainly have shown what CAN be done with dedication. Keep up the great work and you will reach your goal.
    Don't get discouraged when the weight loss starts slowing down, it always does when you get closer to goal. Just keep eating healthy and exercising and create new habits that will help you maintain your loss for life.

And congrats to you especially for tackling your health now, while you are still young. You may have saved yourself a lifetime of health problems and pain, and extended your life by doing so. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thank you! I appreciate the advice!
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Amazing JOB!
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Amazing, I love to see pics, they really motivate me :smile:
  • GreatGreenSea
    GreatGreenSea Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! May I ask what you did?
  • kayveebee7
    kayveebee7 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You guys are beasts!!!! I love it!!!! Great work and an inspiration to me!
  • ahopefulloser
    Options
    You look fantastic! May I ask what you did?

Thank you very much! I made a decision to only eat "whole" foods. I cook 99% of my meals (sneaking off to eat at restaurants occasionally while still avoiding as much processed food as possible) you might consider my dietary intake to be low carb / high fat. Foods I eat on a weekly basis are eggs, bacon, avocado, grassfed butter, coconut oil, grass fed beef, chicken w/ skin, basically any and all healthy natural fats.

I also walk a minimum of 2 miles every day just for fun and I ride my bike as much as possible.
  • You rock girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!