When to start maintaining?

Options
Hi everyone

I am close to my goal weight and was wondering the best time to start maintaining? I actually reached my goal weight before Christmas but put some weight back on over the festive period! I now have about 3lbs to go to my goal weight which is 116lbs. I was reading that you should allow yourself a 5lb fluctuation window of weight for when you are maintaining, should this be based around the 116lbs, so 2.5lbs over and 2.5lbs under? And if so, should I start maintaining once I reach the 116lbs, or before, or try and get a bit lower than that?

Thanks

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Everybody's different, so it will take some trial & error to find what works for you. I would start at 115 lbs., for no other reason than it's an easy number to remember. Change your goal to maintenance, and continue to eat back your exercise calories at the same rate you did while you were losing. Give it a few weeks, to see if your weight stabilizes. If it doesn't, eat back more or fewer of your exercise calories for a couple of weeks. Then reevaluate.

Congratulations on nearing your goal!