Looking for....

Options
Something that tells me how many cals I've burned like a hrm. I cant spend alot of money on one so its gotta be kinda cheap. I bought one at walmart and didnt like it at all. Can any of you please help me out?

Replies

• bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just did a quick google for my HRM (Polar F6) and while it was hovering around $89 - $109, I think it is a very worthy investment if you can save up and swing it. Once I had it, it took well over a year (if not a couple of years) for the battery in the watch part to die and it only costs something like $12.95 plus shipping to have the battery replaced. (You have to send it to them) The chest strap battery lasts MUCH longer I'm told. Now the time it took my watch battery to die might have been sooner IF I had used it on a more regular basis......I tend to go long periods with little or no exercise (I hope to change that soon).

Now the reason I recommend the Polar F6 is for the encryption that it has. That means that the communication between the chest strap and the watch is encrypted so it won't get interference (and thus give incorrect readings) from gym equipment or other people's HRMs. If you don't go with the F6 for money reasons (and in this economy I COMPLETELY understand, don't know if *I* could swing it right now if I didn't have it already), I would DEFINITELY look for this feature (whether you go to the gym or not). You just might go to the gym someday or get on a treadmill at home that would interfere with the signal.

Just my two cents on the topic. :wink: Hope this helps some. :flowerforyou:
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I only paid around $45 for my HRM and I LOVE IT! It comes with the chest strap so I believe it is accurate. It counts calories burned as well as gives you max HR and avg HR. It's a Timex Zone Trainer and I bought it from ebay.