What are the best Tae-Bo DVDs?

c2jvintage
c2jvintage Posts: 34 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
So I have done alot of kickboxing but sometimes find it hard to get to the gym because of a hectic schedule. I was looking at all of Billy's Tae Bo DVDs (approx. 14 bazillion LOL) and I am not sure which ones to buy. I am looking for an Intermediate/Advanced kickboxing workout, maybe not even Tae Bo if there is something better out there. Please give me any input you have :) Thanks in advance!

Replies

• kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    I used to love Tae Bo.... the original. I tried the bootcamp and hated it. If you are looking to make an investment I would look into Turbo Fire by Chalene Johnson. I LOVE mine so far. It has a lot of kicking and punching and is a GREAT work out. Or if you don't want to spend that much, I liked Turbo Jam... but after a month I wanted more.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Ooh, I love kickboxing DVDs and have tried quite a few. In my opinion, these are the best out there:

Cathe Friedrich - Kick, Punch, and Crunch
    Cathe Friedrich - Kick Max
    Forza Powerstrike - there are several in this series, and all are good, but somewhat expensive and difficult to find.
    Turbo Jam - Beachbody - basically any of them, especially Cardio Parties - 1, 2 & 3
    Turbo Fire - Beachbody - I haven't tried all of them yet, but the ones I did were great.
    Turbo Kick instructor DVDs - These are technically NOT for the general public, but I got a hold of a couple on eBay. They're advanced level. A lot of fun - they remind me of kickboxing classes I used to take at the Y.

Other intense cardio:
    I recommend the Cardio portions of P90X or the Insanity set by Shaun T (both Beachbody products).

Tae Bo is really hit and miss. His Cardio Circuits, 1 and 2, are good, but some of the workouts where he utilizes the "Billy Bands" are a total miss. I'm surprised I didn't get injured by some of the seemingly BAD bits of choreography in those sequences.

So for Tae Bo specifics, I recommend:

Celebrity Fit: Cardio
    Ultimate Tae Bo
    Ultimate Boot Camp
    Cardio 1 & 2 (2 pack)
This discussion has been closed.