New To Forum, 38 yr old Iowa working mother of 3

Options
HI, I am 38 year old mom of 3. I also work full time. I live in Des Moines, Iowa. I would love to add some friends with similar situations.

I was overweight my whole life, as were my parents and siblings. When I was about 28 and extremely overweight, my brother started doing weightwatchers, and when he got to a 30 lb loss, his wife, my sister and I all started doing it too. I lost 120lbs in 2years, reaching my goal. Soon learned maintenance is harder than I thought. That and life changes, like meeting my husband, dating, marrying, and having a couple babies, I found myself right up at my top weight again. I wanted to be healthier for my kids, so lost 90lbs before baby 3. I had my healthiest, lowest weight, lowest gain pregnancy, gaining only 25 lbs. But now she is 2, and I have gained another 50 lbs since she was born.

If you are any of these things: mom, from Iowa, have around 100lbs to lose, woman in your 30s and looking to add more friends for accountability, let me know.

I am currently walking every morning for 20-30 minutes, and working out at my lunch at work with friends in a conference room for 25 minutes 4 days a week, and of course, using my fitness pal to meet my calorie goals. down 5 lbs this year.

Replies

• JustineDianaD
    JustineDianaD Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a mom of 2 from Canada. I've lost about 60 lbs since my 2nd was born. I also use walking as my form of exercise. Hoping to progress to running. :)
    Feel free to add me!
  • laurakuiperswitte
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mom of 2, in Des Moines. Feel free to add me! :smile: