Stronglifts instead of NROL4W

Options
Hi all,

I was finished level 2 of NROL4W before Christmas and was supposed to start level 3 this week. But I can't find my book anywhere. Anyway I was looking through the Stronglifts programme and I'm thinking of trying it out for the next few months. It seems way simpler than NROL4W anyway but I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of it? In the book he is completely writing for men so I'm looking for some ladies to give me some advice, their experiences? Would the results be similar to NROL4W?

Thanks a mil :smile:

Replies

• Andrea1877
    Andrea1877 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    There is a group on here called Stronglifts 5x5 for Women :)
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I finished NROL4W a week or two ago, and have so far done 3 Stronglifts 5x5 workouts. It's definitely different. I started out with REALLY low weights because of the high number of sets and wanting to stay in ideal form. I added a couple of exercises to mix it up (abs, lunges, step-ups). I like it so far.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/4618-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

I've never done NROLFW myself so I can't compare but SL gets straight to it. It's simple and can be done quickly.
  • mdivamuffin
    mdivamuffin Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice and the link :smile:
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    It's certainly far simpler, and it's effective for beginners. It is what I started with. Personally I think SS is a little bit better, but it's a decent enough program.