Motivated to workout????

Hey I was just wondering how ya'll get motivated to workout? I can't seem to find it and cleaning/dancing to music ain't burning enough calories for me(which I knew it wouldn't).

Replies

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Running - beating my best times...
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Ice cream. If I want to eat it, I gotta burn calories to make room for it.
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Beer or wine. I have to earn it! :tongue:
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Can't have my wine at the end of the day if I don't run!

But, also, after a few weeks I just started to like the way it felt.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    I don't get motivated to work out. I get motivated to set a new PR and hit a new body fat % goal.

Of course, sometimes I can't get motivated. Some days no promise of ice cream or beer will make me happy to put my shoes on and trudge to the gym to get under a heavy bar. But I go and do it anyway. That's called discipline, and in the long run discipline is more important than motivation.
  • BobbiC08
    BobbiC08 Posts: 10 Member
    I don't drink. So that won't help, but I get what you are saying thanks!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I don't drink. So that won't help, but I get what you are saying thanks!!

Sometimes you just have to start forming a habit.....along the way you try new things......pretty soon you are in the habit of doing something you actually enjoy.

I started with a very attainable goal; 60 minutes of working out each week. I would use a spreadsheet to log minutes......you could put stickers on a calendar....whatever. I had a subscription to Netflix (by mail) and got a new workout DVD every week. After awhile, I added more exercise minutes.....and then more minutes again.

Trying new things is what did it for me......some people like the gym (not for me)....some people like to dance (2 left feet) .....but there are so many options out there.....keep looking

Lots of free stuff here:

http://www.totallyfreeworkouts.com/