Seriously Bummed

So last year I got down to my lowest adult weight 155, and I told myself I could have November and December to maintain and then I'd start loosing again in January. Then I hurt my back before Christmas and when it started feeling better I tried working out this weekend and made it much worse.

So the two sucky things that happened are I geared myself up to step on the scale and I've gained 5 pounds in the last two months! I am sure a little of it is water weight, but I'm so mad I let all that hard work go so easily.

Second thing, I went to the doctor because my back has me pretty much incapacitated and she says it'll be a good 8 weeks before I can work out again. ugh. I have gotten to the point that I LOVE being active. It makes me feel alive and those endorphins keep me in a great mood, and now the most I can do is walk for the next two months. I also love the extra calories it gives me.

sigh. I know I can lose weight in the next couple of months. I'm capable of sticking pretty close to 1200 calories, I'm just not a happy camper doing it.

I'm having a bit of a pity party. Anyone have some advice/ positive thinking to send my way?

Replies

• Awe (hug)!! It's so hard when something holds you back from exercise when you want to be doing it! I'm sorry you hurt you back. :(

I would for sure follow Dr's orders and if he says only walking don't do anything more. You don't want to make it worse and be out for even longer than 8 weeks. That being said if your allowed to walk then walk all you can! It's great exercise! Really it's all I have time to do right now.

I hate (and find it impossible really) to eat just 1200 calories. I'd probably switch my calories up daily. Like 1200, 1500, 1200, 1800, 1200 - that way your body doesn't get used to eating just 1200 and you stop losing weight.

Maybe take some kind of supplement that boosts your metabolism? I know that's what I'm doing right now just because I don't have a lot of time to exercise and I feel like I need a little extra help to lose the weight.

Good luck!!
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Get some good music, books, etc on your listening device of choice and walk lots. Also I liked Leslie sansones Walking DVDs for when going outside wasn't an option and I got bored with the treadmill. Good luck! You can do this.
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    focus extra on good nutrition!! might even be easier to lose weight then with exercise. frustrating though!
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Try doing some chair exercises. There are several on youtube that you could try. They might not give you the workout that you are used to but they will keep you moving and burn a few calories.